My Craigslist score. Audi Avant

Lauren

i love my b6 its a great daily. I really do miss my B5 1.8t the gold one. I want to put a b6 interior into that = perfect daily.

I plan to drive mine until it no longer goes when i press the gas and stops when i press the brakes.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. How old are those coil packs? I've known 1.8t road trippers to carry a spare in the trunk, they're dirt cheap $22 brand new, or free-ish used but working

edited: NVM, saw you replaced them 5/12, they've probably got a few miles left on them

Looks good. How old are those coil packs? I've known 1.8t road trippers to carry a spare in the trunk, they're dirt cheap $22 brand new, or free-ish used but working

edited: NVM, saw you replaced them 5/12, they've probably got a few miles left on them

I carried 2 with me at all times when I had a 1.8t.

Head looks decently clean. Run seafoam or tranny fluid through the oil right before an oil change once a year, change on 5k intervals and don't use crap oil and you'll be good.

Did you check all the lifters to make sure they were perfectly flat while you were in there?

You changed the timing chain tensioner seal (half moon shaped deal) while you were in there right? That's the most common source of leaks.

Swapped water pumps today before work. Pulled the old one out and the impeller was in two pieces. Found the source of my problem with the cooling issue. Hoping to have it done this weekend when I have three days of no teaching

Wellits all done. Everything is working. No leaks. Such a pleasure to drive. Now that it's running I'll install my h&r springs, giac tune and boost gauge and pod and finally tint the windows.

Here's a pic from today

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee254/ca18det007/Mobile%20Uploads/BD5DB459-6301-4076-B545-DF9F0D6EA327_zpspfvumy7b.jpg

Including all mods right around $2400/2500. That includes $400 is rims and tires, new blow off valve and silicone intake and h&r springs( not needed by any means).

But it's got new brakes all the way around, all new belts and tensioners and fluids, new climate control, full tune up and basically every gasket on the car.

I've had an offer of $3800 already but I think I'm going to enjoy it for awhile.

Well new owner coming to get it tomorrow afternoon. $4200 for it. Good thing I didn't let it go for $700 LOL

Also found an 05 B6 Avant 6 speed manual I made an offer on. When mine sells I'll go pick it up. Going to keep that one for awhile as it has all options and color combo I'm looking for.