My Craigslist score. Audi Avant

Lauren

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goal right now is to get it sorted and be able to drive it to work. Unfortunately I purchase a ton of parts for it the day I bought it so I have them :(

If it gets to be anything more then the hose and redo the coolant flush and fill I might just give up. I'm sick and tired of working on this thing and hate having to share the wife's car :( :(

The $700 I'd give you for it now is actually SO MUCH MORE! Think of the wheel bearings, ABS module, clutch, headliner, and all the other stuff you wouldn't have to spend money on. It's like I'm paying you $4k for it, AND saving you the headache of dealing with the breakdowns and misery.

Really you can't afford NOT to sell it :gabe:

The $700 I'd give you for it now is actually SO MUCH MORE! Think of the wheel bearings, ABS module, clutch, headliner, and all the other stuff you wouldn't have to spend money on. It's like I'm paying you $4k for it, AND saving you the headache of dealing with the breakdowns and misery.

You are being too generous at this point.

I'd do $300 tops.

Yes will be an easy flip

:fa:

Oh and let me just say my wife HATES it' date=' which is reason enough for me to keep it and make her ride in it[/quote']

:fa::fa:

My goal right now is to get it sorted and be able to drive it to work. Unfortunately I purchase a ton of parts for it the day I bought it so I have them :(

:fa::fa::fa:

I'm sick and tired of working on this thing and hate having to share the wife's car :( :(

:fa::fa::fa::fa:

Yeah $700 is out. Just te tires and wheels were $450 on top of the $700. Plus $364 for brakes and a coolant flush that is now obsolete and then you have coil packs, hoses, turbo inlet pipe, etc etc. I know I could resell the suspension so not worried. Oh let's by forget window regulators and motors LOL.

i will sell it but it will be on CL to someone for $3000ish after I sort it and can make a small profit. Hell I would part it out before I sold it for $700

You are being too generous at this point.

I'd do $300 tops.

Honestly, he'll be able to flip it to some CL potatoe in the fall when the threat of snow comes. I'd definitely scale back on the parts-fest to keep any chance of a profit margin.

I'm loving this thread. What a score at only $700 for an old Audi that sat for 2 years prior!

Did the lady even tell you why it'd been parked for 2 years to begin with? Didn't see that anywhere in here.

She bought a new car. This car came with every registration and service record since she had it. It also had a full inspection before I purchased it. It's not like it was some junk car sitting next to a barn.

So I ordered a new coolant flange and all o rings, heater core supply lines and new bolts and gaskets. Should be here tomorrow. Hopefully have it swapped out and can start driving it Thursday.

She bought a new car. This car came with every registration and service record since she had it. It also had a full inspection before I purchased it. It's not like it was some junk car sitting next to a barn.

Yeah, everything you've posted so far totally supports that statement. Anyone who waits 2 years to sell a perfectly running car is an idiot- she knew this thing was a shit hole and had a good story to go with it.

So, there is a difference between sitting next to a barn and sitting in a driveway, for 2 years?

Huh, I didn't know that.

I should have mine sitting next to a mansion ...

Usually the difference is mice and other field animals that love to chew wires, build nests, and crap on everything. again there is no guarantee and YMMV but the closer to the city you get the less likely you are cleaning little black pellets and dead carcasses out of the bumper covers and bandaging chewed wires.

Chewed wires on an audi...I just got a shiver up my spine.

So when I type it out it's really not all that bad. If you forget the rims and tires, suspension, turbo inlet pipe and diverter valve, it really has been low cost.

So things I have had to replace so far

Brake pads and rotors, rear

Coolant flange

CTS

Heater hose supply line

Maf

Spark plugs

Coil packs

Air filter

Turbo inlet pipe

DV

Valve cover gasket

Coolant flush and fill

Passenger front and rear window regulators and motor

Avus 17" wheels and 225/45/17 extreme contact tires

RS style grill

Lower door mouldings passenger front and rear doors.