Scrap Metal recyclers - for cash?

zeitgeist57

I've got a stainless steel sink w/copper piping, some copper gutters, and various other pieces of metal. It's certainly not "raw" but its medium-weight stuff.

Would anyone want to take this stuff, or recommend a good place to drop it off during the week for cash?

I leave it on the curb or I take it to Advance Auto.

Those guys tell me they buy pizza for the crew there with what they take in. So I just drop it of tell them its for the Pizza fund, they take care of me always.

FYI, I drove down to Research Alloys/Stargate Metals, just south and across the street from Grandview Yard. It's a tight, old-school yard, but the people were very nice to me and I got $25 for absolute crappy residential scrap, then easily drove downtown to my office. Couldn't have been easier.

(I should mention looking at my OP that I still have some of the copper piping and gutters...will run that another time)

Plus, they have some metal/treadplate/grating as well, so I'll be stopping by for metal to make an egress window cover at my house. :thumbup:

Anything on the west side to take rotars, and some catalytic converters, and headers to?

I asked the owner and he said they take all of that. The only things they didn't take are tires and anything with mercury.

Anyone know where i can sell/dump a Michelin MXV4? :)

I asked the owner and he said they take all of that. The only things they didn't take are tires and anything with mercury.

Anyone know where i can sell/dump a Michelin MXV4? :)

Discount tire will take it and charge you like $3...may be worth it to get it out of your life haha.