The Cavs

coltboostin

Born and raised Cleveland guy here. Was so mad when Lebron left though he had a valid point. They just weren't going to get it done. Happy to see Lebron back (didn't take it.... Personal?).

Had doubts that they could go all the way with out KLove... Doubts are starting to diminish. lebron is stepping up. The Australian kid is going off. And when Kyrie and Shumpart (sp) start draining 3's it starts to make opponents panic.

We shall see

PS - it is clear now to see LBJ's actual intent... "To have championships follow him" to try and prove that he is the best ever. Selfish? Yes. Exciting...? .....yes!

I grew up in Wheeling, so I have always been a fan of the Steelers, Pirates, Pens, (and WVU in college sports)

When I moved to Ohio the only sport I didn't have a team for already was pro basketball, so I started following the Cavs. Only even half cared until I went to a playoff game in probably 04ish against the Pistons. The environment at the Q during that playoff game was so electric, that it really gave me a new appreciation of the sport. Love him or hate him, LeBron is (in my opinion) the best to ever play the game. I'm surprised how good they look even with Love out now. Hopefully the Cavs can break the curse of Cleveland this year, but I think the Hawks are gonna be a handful.

only watch the NBA if the Cavs are in the playoffs. That's the only time that I find pro ball interesting enough to watch. Definitely a fan of Cleveland sports teams :( "Maybe next year"

Shaker Heights here. +1 on the above.

I had to pass on 2nd row floor seat tickets this past week for work. :o Great to see the Cavs doing so well!

I have to admit I'm still pretty salty about LeBron. .

He made a smart business decision, and it could not have worked out better. If hindsight is 20/20, you cant be mad at him now!

Only even half cared until I went to a playoff game in probably 04ish against the Pistons. The environment at the Q during that playoff game was so electric, that it really gave me a new appreciation of the sport. Love him or hate him, LeBron is (in my opinion) the best to ever play the game. I'm surprised how good they look even with Love out now. .

He, I still have a "beat Detroit" shirt they gave out at those games! If he wins this year, it will be hard not to put him at the top of the best ever list. Jordan is always the Sexy pick, but Lebron's D is on another level. Also, IMO Jordan always had a better supporting cast.

I have a team outing on the 26th, and my team wants to go to the game presuming its in town that day. Cant wait to see what 18 lower bowl seats cost. :lolguy:

PS: Didn't know there were so many Ex CLE people here. Dont know if that's good or bad LOL. Hard not to be excited right now-I about flew out of my chair when Lebron drained that buzzard beater.

Meh... was talking with my dad last night, and made the observation that the Harlem Globetrotters play better basketball than the NBA's thug ball. Seriously... arm bars, clotheslines, extra steps. What's the point of having refs out there at all?

Dont really care about NBA but I do very lightly follow the Cavs during playoff time (check ESPN after a game). If they make the finals I will probably watch 1 or 2 games. I dont think I have watched an NBA game since the last time the Cavs were in the finals

I watch all of the games and have been to the Q three times this year. Will probably make one of the games in the next series.

It amazes me the adversity they have overcome this year.

I liken Delly to the movie "Rudy" from Notre Dame.

i don't agree with the way lebron left previously. i can remember having a conference in cleveland during the playoffs, the season before he left. i didn't even know there was a cavs game that night. we went to the downtown cleveland panini's with a group of corporate guys from this implant company for late lunch/dinner. shortly after, the place started filling up with cavs fans for the game. during the game, the place was absolutely nuts--i can honestly say i've never seen a bar at this level for any sporting event. 99% of people had lebron jerseys on. there was maybe a few zidrunas (spelling?) jerseys. but EVERYTHING was lebron. the guys i was with were all from milwaukee wisconsin, and they were in absolute awe. i can only imagine the financial impact of him leaving. i can remember coming back to ohio for a picnic and my 70 year old dad fighting with my 65 year old uncle over lebron leaving. it was crazy.

its hard not to like lebron, now that he's back. it would make for a pretty incredible story to see them win it all this year.

I watch all of the games and have been to the Q three times this year. Will probably make one of the games in the next series.

It amazes me the adversity they have overcome this year.

I liken Delly to the movie "Rudy" from Notre Dame.

Delly would never line up offsides like Rudy did :)

I hope Kyrie can come back at some point. They will need him in the finals, maybe not as much against the Hawks.

Pretty exciting to see them in the ECF. I was worried they wouldn't be able to close out the Bulls without KLove, but people are stepping up and as long as JR doesn't punch someone in the face again we have a chance.

I'm not worried about Atlanta like I was with Chicago. Atlanta had a hot streak during the season but trailed off at the end of the season. They always talk about how they do not have a superstar and they can win, but I think that is going to hurt them in the playoffs.

I think the Cav's will make it to the finals, but I'm worried about the Clippers because they have bigger bodies (Jordan and Griffin). Golden State is just good all around and usually really consistent and that makes me concerned.

We will see how it plays out, but I think we have a shot.