Cadillac service people? TSB on CTS brake lines

zeitgeist57

I knew it was coming, but I officially got the notice from Cadillac to have my CTS-V brought in to have the front brake lines replaced. If they are going through that, I wouldn't mind seeing what the options are for other items while it's under the knife (full brake fluid flush, maybe swap in SS brake lines).

Anyone on here know a service writer or good tech guy at a Cadillac dealership? TIA.

Clay - AFAIK, only a Cadillac dealer is allowed to work on a warranty/recall on a Cadillac-branded vehicle. I would have had Cordell perform the recalls otherwise. I'm really uncomfortable bringing mine to a Cadillac dealer in town, especially the one in Easton.

I still have all 3 recalls waiting. There are some horror stories on the fuel pump recall. Going to pick up some sub frame bushings in advance.

The dealer will charge you a bajillion dollars to put them in. The are not fully dropping the sub frames to get these in

I knew it was coming, but I officially got the notice from Cadillac to have my CTS-V brought in to have the front brake lines replaced. If they are going through that, I wouldn't mind seeing what the options are for other items while it's under the knife (full brake fluid flush, maybe swap in SS brake lines).

Anyone on here know a service writer or good tech guy at a Cadillac dealership? TIA.

I have not seen this one. What year is your V?

The dealer will charge you a bajillion dollars to put them in. The are not fully dropping the sub frames to get these in

I have not seen this one. What year is your V?

His is a 07 mine is a 06 I haven't got the letter yet but it appears mine will also fall under this recall as well as the key and fuel pump

His is a 07 mine is a 06 I haven't got the letter yet but it appears mine will also fall under this recall as well as the key and fuel pump

Key?? Dafuq

Pretty sure the hose recall is based on location. So if your V is titled in Ohio, you should get it any day now.

We will see. Its been a Cali Car is whole life-no rust.

GM ignition failure from last year.

To say the key is related to the ignition failure is not really true. GM came up with 84 recalls in 2014, many of which were similar, that is how many different cases are listed with the National Highway whatever group.

They redesigned the ignition key for many of their models, in most cases this was simply a different hole in the head of the key rather then a slot so some dumbass can't hang 10 pounds of keys off it and cause it to turn. On Camaros it did away with your flip keys, pissing off more then a few customers. On most Impalas and other with the cylinder in the dash we glued inserts into the key.

I wouldn't bother making a trip to the dealer so they can glue or screw with your ignition key when it isn't broken. I am not talking about the ignition switch itself, a lot of those were actually broken and easily switched off, but this was only on Cobalts, Ions, HHRs, Soltices, Skys, and G5s.

Clay - AFAIK, only a Cadillac dealer is allowed to work on a warranty/recall on a Cadillac-branded vehicle. I would have had Cordell perform the recalls otherwise. I'm really uncomfortable bringing mine to a Cadillac dealer in town, especially the one in Easton.

We do Cadillac warranty. But not Cadillac maintenance.

To say the key is related to the ignition failure is not really true. GM came up with 84 recalls in 2014, many of which were similar, that is how many different cases are listed with the National Highway whatever group.

They redesigned the ignition key for many of their models, in most cases this was simply a different hole in the head of the key rather then a slot so some dumbass can't hang 10 pounds of keys off it and cause it to turn. On Camaros it did away with your flip keys, pissing off more then a few customers. On most Impalas and other with the cylinder in the dash we glued inserts into the key.

I wouldn't bother making a trip to the dealer so they can glue or screw with your ignition key when it isn't broken. I am not talking about the ignition switch itself, a lot of those were actually broken and easily switched off, but this was only on Cobalts, Ions, HHRs, Soltices, Skys, and G5s.

Amen... still dealing with all these recalls but the first ignition recall has dissipated.