Local Consignment Shops? (Hermes Ties)

acklac7

Dad has rougly 24 real-deal 100% silk Hermies ties that are in exceptional conditon. For those of you that don't know your ties these are the best money can buy and even used they sell on EBAY for $100 (or more) each.

At any rate the time has come for him to get rid of them, and we're considering his options. Are there any consignment shops around thay sell high end Mens clothing?

Any insight would be welcomed.

Lulz, yes Hermes.

Back in "the good years" my dad was a mad balling corporate Banker - he bought the best of the best when it came to Business apparel.

not sure if we're going to try and sell them as a lot, our split them up etc. Was thinking close to $100 each (again theyre basically brand new) but could possibly hook some CR brolos up if you bought a number of them

How many would you potentially want clay? Here are a few quick shots, ill get better pics up later

http://i61.tinypic.com/n48h82.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/206bi2x.jpg

A.J., I appreciate the offer. I'm into some loud ties these days (to compliment my equally-colorful socks). I'd try eBay, as I know a couple of brokers that buy dress shoes on there. I'd be surprised if you could get $100 for pre-worn neckties but good luck all the same.

What about Grandview Mercantile? That, or Soho in Dublin? We looked at them to sell my wife's furs before she decided to keep them.

A.J., I appreciate the offer. I'm into some loud ties these days (to compliment my equally-colorful socks). I'd try eBay, as I know a couple of brokers that buy dress shoes on there. I'd be surprised if you could get $100 for pre-worn neckties but good luck all the same.

Your not the only one who called :bs: when we brought up selling his tie collection. Check eBay for authentic vintage silk Hermes ties, them SOB's are worth some change, even used.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=hermes+ties&_pgn=1&LH_ItemCondition=4&LH_BIN=1&LH_PrefLoc=0&_sop=16

Thanks all the suggestions guys, he has a lot of extremely expensive clothing and it would be a shame to see it get donated to someone who doesnt appreciate what theyve got.

Ill check into Grandview Mercantile and Soho in Dublin. Im guessing they by shoes/clothing too. Hes got 3 billion Mint Brooks Brothers shirts/jackets/you name it, that would probably sell well there.