Reputable Yamaha tech

Mowgli1647545497

I need to get my 2002 RoadStarWarrior serviced.

Noticed an oil leak coming from the rear transfer casing, took it into Ride 1 Powersports in Hilliard to get it looked at. They couldn't resolve the

History on this: bought the bike in 2004 from a GE Mechanic who kept it immaculate. Bike was always dry as a bone for 11 years. Not a single leak. Yamaha had issued a recall on it due to an issue with a circlip potentially allowing the bike to slip into gear when in neutral. Had that service done.

In 2013 I had the previous owners of Ride 1 Powersports (forget name, Honda Northwest or somethingorother) do the service call when I had the rear tire replaced. I shortly thereafter noticed the leak (very small leak on garage floor) but due to work and travel could not get the bike into service. The bike was not ridden for two years. total leak size maybe 4in circle on floor after 2 yrs.

Fast forward to this summer, I get the bike in to get the leak looked at. They took the rear cover off and felt it was the oring, and said the sound dampener inside the cover was soaked in oil like sponge. They replaced the o-ring and seal around the shaft for the middle gear. But the leak persisted. The tech there did not want to take on the work of opening the case up. So they called me back.

I don't want someone who's hesitant to do so working on it.

I'm not trying to get the service for free, I just want it done right by a tech with the skill required to handle it properly.

I need a Yamaha shop that's within enough riding distance that I don't risk it seizing up on me on the way, since I can't trailer it.

Suggestions on shops appreciated.

----------

PS - I will not be taking it to Iron Pony due to feedback I've heard about their service center. Not a conversation I'll have.

Al and christy over at k and c cycle Yamaha in hebron. Just a mile from trails. Bought and serviced all my toys. Little mom and pop shop that you will get a personal experience with no issues.

http://www.kccycleandatv.com/

1067 National Rd. SE^

Hebron, Ohio 43025

I know hebrons a ways from dublin but it will be worth it to get it fixed right the first time.