Goodbye old friend. RIP Janky Rx7

Smokey

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Have you thought about trying to find a clean roller to drop your drivetrain in?

I'm considering all options, it with decent rollers bringing $7-9k and shitty shells still bringing $3-5k it might be easier to find a working vehicle that I can verify condition and build it with my parts.

A GT3 would be awesome, and everything I want...except having a car payment on my track car. Plus with 2 small kids and a house purchase looming on the horizon it's not smart for me to take on a big car payment.

A GT3 would be awesome, and everything I want...except having a car payment on my track car. Plus with 2 small kids and a house purchase looming on the horizon it's not smart for me to take on a big car payment.

Wouldn't be as fun to swap cars if they were both the same. Now if you want to get a GT3 RS I won't object.

Clay, the BMWs I kicked around were an e46 M3 and 135i. Not really sold that either are a better fit for a track car for me despite being better street cars. Over the past 2 years Janky saw about 90% track miles and 10% street miles. I need to determine if that's more a function of a hectic track schedule and having 2 young kids or because I didn't want to drive it on the street.

Yes, there are carnage pics, but I'm not posting them right now.

I'll post up carnage pics after I finalize with the insurance company. While I don't think the rear shock towers were bent, I have a hard time thinking anyone would be able to use the car again. You're welcome to have it for scrap value after I strip it to the bones.

• 2 weeks later...