The fun did not last long...oil pump took a crap

caseyctsv

I have had multiple LS motors and this is the not only the first time I have ever had it happen to me but first time I have ever heard of it. The interesting thing is i believe it is the same part number on the LS1, LS2, and LS3. It seems it only affects LS3s

If that's the case then that's really strange. If everything go right, I want to get a CTS-V wagon late this year or early next spring. I may have to do a little more research into these LSx engine.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just reading up on this so feel free to do more research. I read the part number is different on the ZL1 which would mean, if true, the V is different too. I have no idea what % this problem affects but just know that "more than a few" have experienced it.

This is why I love this community. Scott Cordell to fantastic care of my car. I was worried some lackey would start it - he said "I will be the only one handling the keys - no worries". It was the oil pump - relief valve was still stuck when he removed it. If the weather holds off t will make its first c and c appearance.

No, but we took care of Casey.

It just worked out today, that I didn't get much else to work on and got it together. Went pretty smooth. Car does sound wicked.

Sounds like Casey needs a sound clip posted or suffer a temp ban :p

Congrats on getting it squared away so fast and with Bonus points that one of our own car doctors was able to do it for you.

Sounds like Casey needs a sound clip posted or suffer a temp ban :p

Congrats on getting it squared away so fast and with Bonus points that one of our own car doctors was able to do it for you.

I would but I am message board retarded and don't know how to :). Come to c and c

I would but I am message board retarded and don't know how to :). Come to c and c

I'm tempted but I think the wife has something planned and I'm not lugging my two kids. If I can I'll bring my son who is 12 and would LOVE your car. He wants me to get a drop top as much as I do. Will have to see if they make an Audi S4 in a convertible....hmm....

I'm tempted but I think the wife has something planned and I'm not lugging my two kids. If I can I'll bring my son who is 12 and would LOVE your car. He wants me to get a drop top as much as I do. Will have to see if they make an Audi S4 in a convertible....hmm....

Audi S5 Cabriolet.

Same engine/drivetrain/ but Vert & 2 Door.

surprisingly i haven't seen this issue yet working previously at 2 diff chevy dealers and now buick gmc. i was thinking wiped cam bearings or something but not an oil pump. (I do learn something new everyday) Sorry to hear Casey just make her more of a beast.

surprisingly i haven't seen this issue yet working previously at 2 diff chevy dealers and now buick gmc. i was thinking wiped cam bearings or something but not an oil pump. (I do learn something new everyday) Sorry to hear Casey just make her more of a beast.

I've heard of it but have only seen it personally 3 times now.

I've heard of it but have only seen it personally 3 times now.

Yeah it does not appear to be a "common" problem - it happens from time to time. Most never encounter it which is good. In my case, it happened at an ideal time so minimum impact to me or the car for which I am very thankful. It is happy again and I am glad to have it back in the garage :)