Help me pick a color/car....down to Two S4

TTQ B4U

Down to the choice of 2 cars. What would CR Choose. Help me pick as I'm torn.

Both similar but not the same in terms of pricing and features. The black has one more feature, less miles but is priced $2,400 more.

Brilliant Black is an ultra-deep clear-coat pure black, no metallic flake at all. Love the depth and look when clean.

• Hard as hell to keep that way
  • Shows everything from dust to scratches easier

This car has a 8,500 miles on it and one feature that I like but isn't necessarily a deal breaker and that's Audi's Adaptive Damping Suspension where you can change the ride from soft to firm, etc....like very noticeably. Nice to have for family cruising, etc. Those that have it really seem to like it. Otherwise the cars are fully loaded Premium Plus models with Sport Diff, etc. and nice. Sitting in the showroom.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/black_zpsmps3zahx.jpg

• Moonlight Blue Metallic is exactly that. Not the midnight blue I would really want but nice and not as common of a color.
  • Looks great clean, shows dirt and flaws less

Not many have it really as it's not cheap. Dealing with a sales person not manager, was up-front that the car was priced fairly...and he's not wrong. but overall didn't seem as flexible. VW Dealer bought this as a program car as they also have an Audi Store.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/blue_zps0mhvcq7h.jpg

The Blue one has just over 12,500 miles and lacks the suspension option. Gut has me leaning to blue for ease of maintenance and sure, pricing seems lower and the dealer 'sounded' more flexible on pricing of the car. We'll see. I'm dealing with the Manager Directly. High-line dealer of imports. Was a program car, sold to at 5,000 miles, then that guy got divorced, and last month bought a used TL and traded the blue S4. That's the story anyway.

Both appear and are described as flawless. Both have the 19" Peeler style wheels shown on summer rubber.

Which would you choose? Help me solve a first-world problem.

Thanks!

Blue- my S4 was Brilliant Black and it was fucking miserable to keep clean. I would do a full detail every weekend and in 1-2 days, it looked like I haven't washed the car in weeks. It was annoying as fuck.

The suspension thing is great, but what if you upgrade? Then it's pointless. And $2,400 difference can be a very nice suspension and even wheels if you want.

Edit: just saw kickass's comments- share your secrets man, I hated that BB lol. I had a 2013 that was black (my favorite car color, along with white) and it wasn't nearly as hard to keep clean.

Blue- my S4 was Brilliant Black and it was fucking miserable to keep clean. I would do a full detail every weekend and in 1-2 days, it looked like I haven't washed the car in weeks. It was annoying as fuck.

I'm with you on the black side. We have a black minivan and it's a PIA but it's saving grace is you don't see the roof or horizontal areas except the hood. Water spots on a hood or deck lid, especially any acid rain-ish spots would bother me.

The suspension thing is great, but what if you upgrade? Then it's pointless. And $2,400 difference can be a very nice suspension and even wheels if you want.

I'll be leaving the suspension stock. The way I'm justifying not having it is that none of the S4's I've driven have had it so I can't miss it. Will likely only buy winter wheels as the blue one is wrapped in summer rubber.

Continued thanks.

Both would equally suck to keep clean, but the detailing payoff goes to black. Also if there's one thing I've learned with cars it's get what you want or forever live in regret. I would buy the black one, those twenty extra bucks a month won't be missed. Edited by Not Brian

Black one, for the options. when your spending that kind of money whats another 2400? BLue eeeh. I would keep looking for a color and the exact car of your choice, you will find it. IMO :D

Get what you like!

problem is I love both! fuck! I'll post back the final input numbers from my various sources tonight.

I love hearing the opinions and experiences though. It's helping.

problem is I love both! fuck! I'll post back the final input numbers from my various sources tonight.

I love hearing the opinions and experiences though. It's helping.

If you cant decide which one, tell me where they are at i will decide and ill go take a dump in one so you have to get the other. Thats what friends are for.

:lol:

Are you planning on doing anything with it? Will the suspension setting be used for anything other than occasionally feeling "sporty" going over bumps? Optional aftermarket suspension costs/attractiveness?

Are you planning on doing anything with it? Will the suspension setting be used for anything other than occasionally feeling "sporty" going over bumps? Optional aftermarket suspension costs/attractiveness?

No, won't be changing stock suspension at all. It's a nice to have feature as with my family or customers in it, I would use the soft setting and with me the sporty one.

In the end, I'll live with or without it just fine I'm sure.

Do you enjoy just sitting down and cleaning the car?

I had a black SAAB and I just enjoyed cleaning, waxing, and whatnot. I got it to shine in such brilliance. That's what kept me cleaning because I liked to see people reactions to the paint.

WOW! Overwhelming response for the blue. Both on CR and Audi forums. Many over there said they had the black and it was a complete PIA. I agree and while I LOVE black when it's cleaned up, it is a PIA.

Blue it is and thus the journey begins. I leave Friday to pick it up. Staying overnight and ordering the mods from hotel room :)

Driving it back Saturday morning.

I drive a Tuxedo Black Focus ST, only black I'd ever consider and even then it's a royal PITA to own. I'd pay $1000 (like if it were a factory option) to have that blue over this black, no question.

Gonna have to get rid of that fucking awful "SEWELL" logo on the blue one though, that's atrocious.

I'm entertained by all of those who think dark navy blue (metallic or not) is going to be any easier to maintain and keep good looking over black. Dark paint is dark paint it will all show dirt almost immediately.

Audi' clear is relatively hard, once you get it properly polished up and know how to properly maintain it the paint can be pretty easy to keep defect free and looking fantastic. My A4 was brilliant black, when It was my only nice car and garaged at night it looked fantastic almost all the time.

Having owned a brilliant black car I'd absolutely do it again given the right car and situation. I don't like blue cars but opinions are like assholes... Tim you are going to love the car even if it was pink with purple spots, don't let any of our thoughts get in the way.

I drive a Tuxedo Black Focus ST, only black I'd ever consider and even then it's a royal PITA to own. I'd pay $1000 (like if it were a factory option) to have that blue over this black, no question.

Gonna have to get rid of that fucking awful "SEWELL" logo on the blue one though, that's atrocious.

^^ that's not the exact car but it looks just like it.

Dealer already knows to remove any and all non Audi Crap. It will have a front plate bracket on it but that's okay as one of my first mods is the RS4 Grill and Fogs. I'll be ordering them soon.

I'm entertained by all of those who think dark navy blue (metallic or not) is going to be any easier to maintain and keep good looking over black. Dark paint is dark paint it will all show dirt almost immediately.

Audi' clear is relatively hard, once you get it properly polished up and know how to properly maintain it the paint can be pretty easy to keep defect free and looking fantastic. My A4 was brilliant black, when It was my only nice car and garaged at night it looked fantastic almost all the time.

Having owned a brilliant black car I'd absolutely do it again given the right car and situation. I don't like blue cars but opinions are like assholes... Tim you are going to love the car even if it was pink with purple spots, don't let any of our thoughts get in the way.

Thanks Andy. Tried calling you earlier to probe about the care products. I've made the decision....Blue it is. I know it won't be as easy as white but it's not as difficult as the black. Both will look great I'm sure.

Thanks Andy. Tried calling you earlier to probe about the care products. I've made the decision....Blue it is. I know it won't be as easy as white but it's not as difficult as the black. Both will look great I'm sure.

Saw the call I've been non stop all day until just now. I'll give you a ring tomorrow afternoon to talk about it.