Exterior Home Painting

Unleashed

Looking to get the outside of our house painted, all trim, siding, doors, garage doors, gutters, etc. Some trim pieces will need replaced as well. Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with any of the following companies?

Buckeye House Painting

Color World House Painting

Haas Painting Company

I've received quotes from each and they are all over the map for the same services, so I'm just looking for personal experiences.

If you have used someone else and had a positive experience and would recommend, I'm definitely interested in that as well.

Thanks!

My father has been in the business for decades. He is a small crew now, but may be able to get the jobs done. I know he had a heavy work load a month or so ago. Although it is worth giving him a ring. He is an old school guy and very good at his craft.

https://www.facebook.com/Directpaintingroofingsiding

Jason aka wanaplay and his company Cost Plus Sevices just painted our house. They did an awesome job and I would highly recommend. The crew was was even listening to Johnny Cash while they worked which is worth bonus points.

I've used Phil Carter Painting in the past and they did an awesome job. They did interior of my house last year and looks great, known the owner for years now, good friend of mine. 614 507.5744. No idea what the schedule is like for them but worth a call to get a quote

I was a manager at Color World back in '98-'99. Go with anybody else.

Good to know. Care to elaborate at all, so I can look to see if anything has changed in 15 years? They just painted a house two streets over, once the rain dies down I'll go get a better look and talk to the homeowners. Tom seemed decent, and so far his carpenter seemed the most knowledgeable when looking at the minor repair work that also needs done.

He used me to cover his own ass in a lawsuit. He gave me a list of addresses that need powerwashed prior to getting painted the next day or so. One of the addresses had a good looking house, I pulled up and wondered why he even wanted it painted. Whatever, powerwashed the shit out of it. The homeowner came home mid-spraying and started yelling at us. Tom said he told me NOT to go there (but he 100% didn't say that).

Anyways that was forever ago. Maybe he saw a therapist since then and learned that sometimes you don't really say things that you imagined/wish you did.

Honestly it's all going to be in the prep. Just like painting a car that's the most important step and it's the step that gets skimped on the most. and then it just matters what you are willing to spend, anyone can spray a house but the best are going to clean it, address any mold or moldew, scrape it sand and feather the loose and peeling paint, seal the cracks, then paint it and not get it all over anything else (plants, ground, cars etc). if you plan on staying make sure the person has the time and plans on doing it right.

Jason aka wanaplay and his company Cost Plus Sevices just painted our house. They did an awesome job and I would highly recommend. The crew was was even listening to Johnny Cash while they worked which is worth bonus points.

Call me anytime for a free quote 614-499-5373

wnaplay..do you do interiors??

Yes he does.

I had Jason do a lot of interior and exterior work for my house to be sold. I can't recommend him enough. I wish I had called him sooner, and I wish he lived near where I am now because I have some things that need done. Call him for a quote at least. You won't regret it.

Edited by Mensan

Honestly it's all going to be in the prep. Just like painting a car that's the most important step and it's the step that gets skimped on the most. and then it just matters what you are willing to spend, anyone can spray a house but the best are going to clean it, address any mold or moldew, scrape it sand and feather the loose and peeling paint, seal the cracks, then paint it and not get it all over anything else (plants, ground, cars etc). if you plan on staying make sure the person has the time and plans on doing it right.

Couldn’t agree more. That’s where the issue lies, everyone is promising to do the same things, but I know the person I’m talking to isn’t going to be performing the work. I’m afraid what is going to happen is some underpaid crew that doesn’t want to be out in the 90+ degree heat all day is just going cut corners slap a crap load of paint over any “problem areas” instead of taking the time to do it right because A) they don’t want to be there in the first place and don’t have a stake in it and B) think no one will notice because it’s 25 feet off the ground anyway.

Whoever does the work I fully intend on inspecting after each step.

Our house is going to take ALOT of caulk work to do it right, I would guess 2 – 3 cases worth.

I had Jason do a lot of interior and exterior work for my house to be sold. i can't recommend him enough. I wish I had called him sooner, and I wish he lived near where I am now because I have some things that need done. Call him for a quote at least. You won't regret it.

Thanks, already have, as well as a few others mentioned in this thread. Thanks all. I will keep everyone posted with my experiences for those interested in similar work.

He used me to cover his own ass in a lawsuit. He gave me a list of addresses that need powerwashed prior to getting painted the next day or so. One of the addresses had a good looking house, I pulled up and wondered why he even wanted it painted. Whatever, powerwashed the shit out of it. The homeowner came home mid-spraying and started yelling at us. Tom said he told me NOT to go there (but he 100% didn't say that).

Anyways that was forever ago. Maybe he saw a therapist since then and learned that sometimes you don't really say things that you imagined/wish you did.

Noted. Thanks again, it's appreciated. If I do decide to go with them in the end I'll be sure to come back and give my honest two cents on their work. Like I said luckily they just painted a house nearby so I can check it out in advance in person. So far Buckeye seems to come highly recommended (each carpenter has confirmed this as well), but they definitely come at a premium.

We used Buckeye at the office about five years ago during our initial construction/renovation and really liked their work (lots of care taken for prep/protection where needed), but since then getting callbacks from their rep for any follow-on work has been a real PITA. I'm not sure if they even bid our expansion a year and a half ago... wouldn't surprise me if they missed the deadline.