Pop goes the BRZ.

Draco-REX

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks to hear. Has anyone swapped in the WRX version of the engine yet?

I'm sure it would be far from direct even though it's pretty much the same FA. Remember, in the WRX, it's setup for an awd drivetrain. Can't imagine there's anything stopping you from using the same cams, turbo, etc.

14 runs is pretty awesome, I've never gotten that many at KK! I wonder if the constant right-hand turning starved you of oil and caused an issue? Dem sticky tires cause all kinds of issues :gabe:

Very sorry hope it turns out to be something simple and cheap.

Most of the oiling issues seem to involve slicks, downforce, and sweepers. But who knows? I just would have expected some signs of trouble at the event.

Would you be interested in selling? I know a guy that might be interested...

I doubt I could get a good price for it as it is now.

The underside mounted layout won't fit.

I'm sure it would be far from direct even though it's pretty much the same FA. Remember, in the WRX, it's setup for an awd drivetrain. Can't imagine there's anything stopping you from using the same cams, turbo, etc.

Fine! An LS Swap is better anyways! :yuno:

WGP has a kit. $5000 installed, bring your own engine.

That kit has a very poor reputation on FT86Club.

Cool as that would be, the extra 150lbs or so on the nose would change the car.

And at that point, wouldn't I be better served by a Corvette?

And at that point, wouldn't I be better served by a Corvette?

Yup.

Half of the LS swaps should have stayed in the vette it came out of, honestly.

However:

I've been following vorshlag's ls swap kit progress and they said at the end of the day it's around 100lbs or so difference, but the weight distribution is much better making it not that big of an issue.

The LS Swapped BRZ might corner .05% not as well, but would make up for it in acceleration through the rest of the course. Hell, that's only 50lbs more than a good turbo/sc kit anyway.

didn't you just say yes, then give reasons why the answer is no?

I'm saying in most cases, the corvette should just be purchased if that is what you are after. If you MUST keep the BRZ, the side effects are not as bad as they make them out to be, at least in my head.

I'll let you know when I get the LS2 in.

<3 Jonas

I have a friend selling an LS2 longblock. I know it has a cam, aftermarket valve train and some headwork, I'm thinking LS3 heads. I could get more info if you're interested. He's parting a complete 05-06 GTO.

I bet a very decent +70000 mile C5 could be had for $12-15k nowadays.

I'll gib ya $15k for the BRZ as it sits. :)

Yeah, I think I'll pass. ;)

'sides, I'm not a fan of the C5.

I have a friend selling an LS2 longblock. I know it has a cam, aftermarket valve train and some headwork, I'm thinking LS3 heads. I could get more info if you're interested. He's parting a complete 05-06 GTO.

If I were to do the swap, I'd go with the Vorshlag kit. It's not out yet though, and I'm not quite at that point yet.

Oh yeah....sucks about your car. I'd be sick if I had a car I bought new with 19k miles bite the dust, even modded.

Adding F/I to an otherwise stock N/A engine always has risks. When I bolted the supercharger on, I knew this might be the outcome. Though I was confident it would be more reliable...