Thinking of a picking up a pick-em-up truck.

JaSSon

Have you looked at a Nissan Frontier? Available in manual trans 4x4 crew cabs and not hard to find. Nice trucks and you won't miss the extra room. Not as comfortable as a fully loaded brodozzer but how much truck do you really need?

Have you looked at a Nissan Frontier? Available in manual trans 4x4 crew cabs and not hard to find. Nice trucks and you won't miss the extra room. Not as comfortable as a fully loaded brodozzer but how much truck do you really need?

This doesn't fit the criteria in the OP. Please re-read and post again.

I'm looking to trade in my 335i, and I've never had a truck. So why not? I'm not sure what direction I want to go, or how much exactly I'm willing to spend; it's early in my search. I do know I want a crew cab short bed 4x4. My work commute is over 70 miles a day, so I need to get a few MPGs.

This doesn't fit the criteria in the OP. Please re-read and post again.

??

No. You'll have tbss'itis all over again like when you switched over from your Mustang. I guarantee you'll have slivers of regret a few weeks later. Trucks are nice to have as a second vehicle so just buy a beater truck and keep the car, like I did.

I agree with this. I really <3 my truck, and I would consider it a nice one even though its an 04. I love the space, I love being able to tow. etc etc. but I had to have my car (civic) in the shop for a week and I was so excited to get back into it. I know its not a speed machine but its just nice to drive something that is 'nimble'. The truck has nothing nimble about it.

I was ready to get my DD back even though I really love the truck.

Look in Texas, get a clean truck with some yrs on it for cheap, no rust. forgedaboutit

Oh and with that long of a commute you'll really hate it once the fuel price goes back up. Then everyone will be trying to offload their truck and yours will be tough to sell.

Diesel is a pain, if you don't need one avoid

Please explain.

I agree with this. I really <3 my truck, and I would consider it a nice one even though its an 04. I love the space, I love being able to tow. etc etc. but I had to have my car (civic) in the shop for a week and I was so excited to get back into it. I know its not a speed machine but its just nice to drive something that is 'nimble'. The truck has nothing nimble about it.

I was ready to get my DD back even though I really love the truck.

Look in Texas, get a clean truck with some yrs on it for cheap, no rust. forgedaboutit

Oh and with that long of a commute you'll really hate it once the fuel price goes back up. Then everyone will be trying to offload their truck and yours will be tough to sell.

Please explain.

Pretty simple, if you don't have the actual need for one don't buy it. They cost more to operate, finding a place to properly work on them can be challenging, etc. Best move I ever made was selling my dually.

Pretty simple, if you don't have the actual need for one don't buy it. They cost more to operate, finding a place to properly work on them can be challenging, etc. Best move I ever made was selling my dually.

You've never seen my garage.

Edit: definitely don't want a dually.

Edited by JaSSon

Have you ever seen a Frontier that wasn't rusted out?

I daily my raptor when I have my kids---it's great. Tons of room for them, ford did a hell of a job with this truck in terms of fit and finish, ergonomics, and drive ability. But when it's just me, I enjoy one of my faster cars--makes a much better daily, better gas mileage, etc etc.

I don't think I would be happy if this was my only car. And 70 mile commute in a truck will just eat gas like crazy. If you NEED a truck, or have a short commute, that's one thing.