Tesla introduces "Ludicrous" speed option

caseyctsv

I like them a lot but they need to step up their game on interiors. Especially at that price point. Cool stuff though. I think if they can launch the slightly smaller $35k'ish version and perhaps extend the range to even say 350 miles, they'd crush many of the dino driven competitors.

that would be cool. let's just figure out a way to make it affordable.

By spring of 2017 there'll be a $35,000 car that most likely will have the battery pack that we have right now. It will be approximately 300 miles. The premium products will always be in the luxury model. Meaning that most likely autopilot, high-capacity batteries and newer technology will be retained exclusively for the premium car. Once they've been out for a year or two they most likely will be added to the reduced cost model. But the overall goal is to have a very affordable car in the not-too-distant future. It was just announced a new roadster will be developed in 2018 and will have a 0 to 60 in 2.3 seconds Maximum Plaid.

For those that do not want to click the link - summary:

10,000 option

0-60 in 2.8 seconds

1/4 mile in 10.9 seconds

1.1 g force from launch

Worth noting that 0-60 in 2.8 is a whole .1 second faster than without the $10k ludicrous speed package.

I'm sure there are quite a few ways to pick up that same .1 second without dropping $10k to do it.

Worth noting that 0-60 in 2.8 is a whole .1 second faster than without the $10k ludicrous speed package.

I'm sure there are quite a few ways to pick up that same .1 second without dropping $10k to do it.

Yeah but the quarter mile goes to 10.9 vs 11.6. Still pricey yes, but not too shabby. I stand by my love for an RS7 though.

I like them a lot but they need to step up their game on interiors....

They need to have a "plaid" option for the interior on cars equipped with Ludicrous speed option.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/mNA4dm.jpg

Dude, if you weren't just so completely insignificant in the scheme of CR and I actually knew who the fuck you were your butt-hurt poking might actually mean something. :jerkit: Edited by TTQ B4U
Schooled by Norm :)