Windows 10

Ramsey

I already reserved my free upgrade. Been using the preview version for a while. No it will not wipe or nuke your shit.

My recommendation would be to disable Cortana as soon as you install. She is to invasive for my taste and not needed. She is cool, but not worth my time to keep around.

EDIT: unless you are running Windows XP or Vista... then you can't upgrade for free

I've got no issues with Windows 7 so I will probably wait to upgrade. IIRC Win7 and Win8 users can upgrade for free for a full year from release date, so I'll wait to see if anyone reports problems.

this is where im at. If i had windows 8, i would get 10 day 1.

I'm interested to see how it operated on mid level laptops. I've got an Asus q200e I'm wating to upgrade to it, if it sucks I'll simply wipe it and reinstall 8 or drop to windows 7.

I know at work, GM sent us notices telling us "DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 10", I had to grab an old laptop from my parents that has Windows 7 on it for some of the diag work I do that requires a laptop while driving. Window's 8 isn't compatible with half our shit we use.

So before I say anything else I want all you damn kids off my lawn...

..good....ahem.

So what does windows 10 look like? One of the reasons I have held on to windows 7 is because it looks how I expect a windows running PC looks. It's comforting, it's something I know how to effortlessly work, and it doesn't frighten me with a huge learning curve like windows 8 did. I fear change when it comes to PCs because they are literally a tool and a appliance to me and if I want frills and fancy apps I'll just grab my tablet (or PS3 controller).

from what I have seen it is kind of a bland looking version of how windows always looks but is that just a default or can I expect it to be how they all look.

I have also seen some shots where they still managed to intergrate what I call "1950s times square"

See the resemblance?:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2678/4367912193_9304eb4931_o.jpg

http://az648995.vo.msecnd.net/win/2014/09/Tech-Preview_Start-menu.png

so can that be turned off?

also, what the fuck is going on here?:

Windows10.jpg

https://www.saturnvpn.com/windows-10-last-versions-microsoft-windows/

my lapity toppity box isn't a touch screen so...is it worth it?