Tough alignment- IPS the place?

Zx2guy19

Hey guys. My 240 has been sitting for 2 years with a brand new all new suspension. It's so bad I can't drive it, so I'm towing it somewhere tonight. It needs a total overhaul alignment- is IPS still the place to go? It's really low with "wider" tires, so I need to go somewhere that can accommodate that. Any other places I should consider?

I'm not sure if they are still using the same heads for the wheels or not, but IPS used to have the newer style that clamps on the tire not the wheel. These are great and handy however if you have a lowered car with very little fender to tire gap the heads roll up into the fender before they can go through the full motion needed to initially set the machine up for your car.

This was an issue on the GT3

IPS has the the alignment rack that uses laser "global positioning system". Lucore also has the same type. I have had IPS align a few of my my cars even the one with aftermarket adjustable arms; I'm pretty sure Lucore will accommodate such a suspension set up.

Do you need the car corner balanced? If so, IPS has a corner scale.

We don't corner scale but would put our alignments against anyone in the city. Don't care what it is you'll get done exactly how you want, and the owner of the shop will be the one doing it so you know its A+ work

Edit: Almost anything you see rolling around these days in the lowered world from several of the Dayton and Columbus car clubs we have done. Pretty much nothing we can't accommodate.

Brad,

Sounds like they may have you taken care of this round...

For anyone else reading this I now have Andy(STarner) from Tire Discounters running our new hunter rack at the shop in Obetz.. Andy has been taking care of CR alignments since 2008.. We used to do all of IPS's work before the new shop was built, including alignments on the "worlds fastest c6z"

We don't corner scale but would put our alignments against anyone in the city. Don't care what it is you'll get done exactly how you want, and the owner of the shop will be the one doing it so you know its A+ work

Edit: Almost anything you see rolling around these days in the lowered world from several of the Dayton and Columbus car clubs we have done. Pretty much nothing we can't accommodate.

If I ever want to share some misery, I'll make you guys align the BRZ. :gabe:

I have always gone to IPS, never had any complaints about it and they have an in ground rack. I will keep the Dublin guys in mind though because they are much closer and have been to the shop and like what they are about.

Northend Wrench

This...

Sean (Crossle) and Dave (owner) have lots of race prep experience and great equipment (and scales). They don't advertise this type of work, but a lot of autocross, track day cars and road racers have everything from alignment to full track prep done there.