Nexus 6 or Note 5

Bigfoot

I've been team iPhone for 4 years now, wanting to switch it up and get an android phone, I really like the nexus 6 but the Note 5 is supposed to be released next week and possibly go on sale by the end of the month. Should I go for the Nexus or wait for the note? Or is there something better?

I flipped from iOS to Droid when I bought a Note 4 and somewhat regret it. I lost the stylus like a month ago because it's not very secure. My biggest gripe is how close the home button is to the screen. Every single time I go to push it, my sausage fingers also touch the screen.. doing some weird action for whatever app I'm in at the time. Also the thing is so fucking huge that when I try dislodging it out of my pocket my fingertips also touch the screen on the sides, sometimes opening apps or doing something I don't want. I just don't like the form factor of the Notes and miss my iPhone in that aspect. Other than that, it's a cool phone I guess. The camera is amazing for what it is.

Note 5 will look just like a giant S6 with a stylus. It's already been leaked. It's 6:14am and I'm on mobile...and the shitter, so I'm not gonna bother with the link right now. Smaller battery than the Note 4, non-removeable as well, no SD card slot, no IR blaster. I love the design/form factor in the S6, but for the Note I think I'd stick with the Note 4. Though the stylus is now going to be spring loaded so it locks into the phone. Edited by Ryan

This is an easy decision IMO.

If you are in love with The Samsung/Touchwiz experience & Apps, get the Note.

If you like having full access to every aspect of your phone and enjoy tweaking/playing with roms and general advantages of vanilla android, get the Nexus.

I've had a few generations of notes and loved them, other than the inability to completely unlock the phone, and I'm sort of done with that now. Having lots of fun on the nexus.

I had a note 2 for 3 years. The screen finally quit working. No cracked screen it just stopped displaying anything. I loved the phone. It was a great size and good battery life. I rooted and installed an AOSP rom and it was even better. No fancy touch wiz, fast response with any app, better battery life. I kept it like this until it died. I bought a nexus 6 next. It is basically the same thing as the AOSP rom. That is what I want out of a phone. If you want the fancy menus and other crap you would like the note 5 better.

The only thing I don't like about nexus 6 is no removable battery or SD card storage. There is a workaround to the storage space. I use this thing. Works perfect for my needs. You don't even need root for it to work. It is worth the small amount if you need extra space. Mine is filled with music :)

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/mrg2.html

This is an easy decision IMO.

If you are in love with The Samsung/Touchwiz experience & Apps, get the Note.

If you like having full access to every aspect of your phone and enjoy tweaking/playing with roms and general advantages of vanilla android, get the Nexus.

I've had a few generations of notes and loved them, other than the inability to completely unlock the phone, and I'm sort of done with that now. Having lots of fun on the nexus.

Truth, but it's not just about unlocking and modifying your phone.

For me it would actually be the exact opposite. Google puts a lot of effort into design their OS. It's much more user friendly IMO, it's also a lot better looking and cleaner design. If I were to buy a Note I would immediately need to unlock it and get rid of TouchWiz, where I've been running my Nexus 4, 5 & 10 completely stock.

Then of course with a Nexus you will get the latest and greatest updates immediately and not always be a few months behind. You'll have Android M in the fall, where the Note will still be rocking L like it's 2014

I am a Droid fan (But tried the IOS thing with a iPhone 4 a while ago).. I use a corporate tool made by VMware called AirWatch and it is a pig. Will purchase the new Note 5 as it will have a real 64 Bit processor and the larger screen (App need and my phreaking eyes need the larger screen)..

GL with the decision..

I've been extremely happy with many of Samsungs mobile products over the past few years, S3, Original Tab 7" wife and I both have S5 now, and my daughter and I have had

Tab 4 7" tablets for the past year and they've also been excellent products. However we both take great care of our toys. My wife on the other hand is a disaster with phones and hasn't managed to destroy her S5 yet;)

This is exactly why I still have my Nexus 5 and it's been just awesome. I'll buy a 6 or whatever comes out next when I feel the need... :nod: