How to deal with a bi-polar service advisor

6 Speed S4

So I work with an older guy late 40s (not really old just older than myself). He has threatened me many times. This morning he said he was going to whoop my ass and this was in the service drive. Isnt this harassment? I dont want to get him fired becuase I just do my job but he freaks out on everyone at some point. My manager said thats how he is......

Go to HR.

Physical violence in the workplace is pretty serious and my guess is they will take it that way. Note that he makes you feel uncomfortable and you have safety concerns. Document the point that even your manager noted to you that there is a pattern of this type of behavior. Are there any security cameras in the area?

What can I do about this? My manager isn't going to do anything.

Call a meeting with your manager and HR together to discuss the matter. Read the wording I used above. This keeps you from appearing as if you're tossing your boss under a bus for not doing anything yet sets the state for he/she and HR to be on the same page. Be specific that you would like his threatening behavior addressed and request from them what they would recommend you do going forward.

From one dealership employee to another, work the chain of command.

1-Department manager

2-Operations Manager/General Manager

3-Human Resources

I can tell you it looks much better on your part when you follow that order. I'm a Parts Manager for a large dealership chain, and they emphasize on trying to find a resolution before getting HR involved. It looks bad if you skip the GM.

Good luck with the situation. Hope everything works out!

From one dealership employee to another, work the chain of command.

1-Department manager

2-Operations Manager/General Manager

3-Human Resources

I can tell you it looks much better on your part when you follow that order. I'm a Parts Manager for a large dealership chain, and they emphasize on trying to find a resolution before getting HR involved. It looks bad if you skip the GM.

Good luck with the situation. Hope everything works out!

this.

continue with your immediate boss (assuming he's the service manager. Emphasis the fact that this behaviour is unacceptable and is creating a hostile work environment for you. If he keeps telling you its no big deal simply say they you have to escalate the matter to the GM and/or the HR department (if you have one). Devlivery is everything, if you yell at your manager he wont be of any help but if you calmly explain it and say what you have to do next maybe it will motivate him to do something.

Fighting the guy wont help. Calling his bluff wont help when youre both fired for fist fighting at work.

And to top it off, if he gets fired for HIS behavior thats HIS problem. No need to feel bad about that. He's an adult.