One very fast DSM

RC K9

They are work, ha ha. Went to the track a few weeks ago to see what I could do with this new setup, (new motor with some changes and trans work), and blew the head gasket out of the back of the motor at the top of 3rd on the first pass. Needless to say, that was a short trip. Car is making power though. I was going to play with cam gears as these cams are a lot bigger/more aggressive than last year's, and I haven't been able to stall up at all with them installed straight up. I didn't have boost or rpm until about the 100ft mark and still got 98mph in the 1/8. This was like 3wks ago. I haven't even pulled the head yet. Log looked near perfect but it's e-85, so who knows. Could have knocked and it wouldn't show on the log, but those chunks of HG sticking out of the back of the motor look pretty gnarly.

i don't understand the deal with the "flashlight starter" Whatever happened to the light tree? And running with time clocks. Pinks and Street Outlaws have ruined drag racing. And why i'm bitchin 1/8th mile is lame as well.

• 3 weeks later...
i don't understand the deal with the "flashlight starter" Whatever happened to the light tree? And running with time clocks. Pinks and Street Outlaws have ruined drag racing. And why i'm bitchin 1/8th mile is lame as well.

Slow cars say 1/8th miles is lame. Or turbo guys.

The fun and who won can both be accomplished in that distance.

That Dsm is no joke.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I miss my old TSI. There are no DSM's up here in Akron anymore, kind of sad.

Is Sheppard still top shit for DSM's?

Do you mean in regards to building them? My understanding is he doesn't build DSM transmissions anymore with the exception of an occasional special request. He has storage units full of transmissions people sent in needing work then just never had the work done or paid. He got sick of DSMer BS and moved on to other things. I.E. Evo's, GTR's, etc.