Tv Deal?

Tindall2006

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-VIZIO-D650i-B2-65-1080p-120Hz-LED-Smart-HDTV/44162696#about

Basically, I have had the same 27-34" TV since flight school in 2010. I it a old big box tube tv. I did not even turn it on from 2012- about three weeks ago when I watched TV. I have the basic cable that is included in my apartment (That I should probably just shut off.)

That being said, I do watch a lot of netfix on my computer, which is a basic dell inspiron that is a few years old. I have been satisfied with that so far. I would like to get a TV, and the only really things I want is it to be big... 55" or larger, and I like the smart TV idea to watch netflix. I sometimes think I mostly want a TV to showcase the entertainment center I built in flight school that is 72" long lol.

All that being said, I don't need the best of the best. I stand next to the 4k stuff and the regular HD stuff at wal mart and hardly notice a difference. Maybe slightly crisper lines. Maybe if I wore my glasses I would notice more of a difference but I really cant. Except for the 500+ difference in price! haha. Would this Tv leave my happy, anyone have one or have experience with one? any horror stories buying refurbished? I figured worse case I can return it right? Is the extra warranty worth it?

All that being said

I would not buy refurbished, personally, given how much flat panel prices have come down.

Also, standing in wal-mart or most other box stores you will not see much difference in 4k and 1080p (non 4k) units, because they are almost certainly supplying a 1080p or 720p signal to each display. There is only a small portion of input devices that support 4k content yet, though it's growing. At this point I wouldn't bother until its more mainstream.

You don't seem like the kind of guy to need the newest technology. I wouldn't worry about 4k.

I bought my 55" Samsung and a week later (literally a week) wireless smart TVs came out. I don't care. The price of mine dropped and I'm good with that. I've had it since 2010 or so. If you like the TV, get it. If it gives you problems, take it back, or contact Vizio. Find out what the return policy is, and go from there.

You'll love it, and refurbished has the same warranty I believe.

Also, check on their price match after the purchase.

HH Gregg had a 90 day price match, and when my 75" Samsung went on sale for black Friday a month later, I took the receipt in and they gave me $300 back.

Ive got a 60" vizio LED ive had for about 2 years now. Great picture right out of the box. plenty of inputs, and the matching sound bar you can get has great sound.

$649 at sears.

Edit, it appears the above TV is a refurb. I got mine new for $680 by stacking several coupons at target.

LG and Westinghouse makes some good TV's that are usually priced pretty good. I would most definitly spend the extra $100-$200 and skip the Visio. I had one before and personally never had any problems but the quality is significantly better.

LG and Westinghouse makes some good TV's that are usually priced pretty good. I would most definitly spend the extra $100-$200 and skip the Visio. I had one before and personally never had any problems but the quality is significantly better.

IMO Vizio has stepped up their game the past few years. I wouldn't put them in the same category as Westinghouse. May have a biased opinion though.

Don't buy a smart TV. Just buy a TV for the picture quality then get a Roku.

The Manufacturers only update the software on the "Smart" Tvs a couple times and usually only during the short time the model is sold. Then a year later some new streaming service comes out and you need to buy a new TV to get it.

Even really old Rokus keep getting updated with the newest services.

Don't buy a smart TV. Just buy a TV for the picture quality then get a Roku.

The Manufacturers only update the software on the "Smart" Tvs a couple times and usually only during the short time the model is sold. Then a year later some new streaming service comes out and you need to buy a new TV to get it.

Even really old Rokus keep getting updated with the newest services.

Exactly why I went with the roku smart TV. It gets updated and I dont have to plug in an extra box, and just one remote which is nice.

I picked up a 55" vizio from a Woot sale over the summer. I'm overall happy with it. Noticed a 55" name brand (don't remember) at Sam's Club just now for around $500. I also second the ROKU. I bought a couple for the house to work with the Tablo DVR I installed over the summer. I love the Roku 3. Having a headphone jack on the remote so I can watch TV in the bedroom and my wife can sleep is the best idea I've seen in a long time.

Thanks! I will avoid a smart TV!

I have been thinking about black Friday... I went last year but it was ridiculas! I personally don't want to lose my job because someone decided to deck me over grabbing a Tv and I get in a huge fight!!!

Maybe the cyber Monday will be a good option?