Injured Racer Needs Our Help

wagner

Lyle Barnett is a racer that was hurt pretty bad last weekend at No Mercy 6. 3rd degree burns and lung damage from the fire after the motor let go at the top end going about 180 mph.

I don't have the ability to really donate a ton, so I stepped up and donated a picture to be used as a way to raise money for the family and Lyle's medical costs.

Below is the post that Jason Digby, a good friend of Lyle put up on Facebook about how to donate and the picture as well.

If you can't donate that is fine, but please pray for Lyle, he has a tough fight ahead of him :(

Brian Wagner has donated a High Resolution Print of Lyle Wheeling the "BLUE GOOSE" Leaf Spring Camaro...close friend and owner Tommy Kirk loves to race but not as much as Lyle Barnett did....since Lyle didn't have a ride...Tommy basically turned it over to him and most every time down the track for the past few years, Lyle was doing the driving...This fund raising campaign has no time limit...it is very simple...you donate $20 to help his family with upcoming medical expenses and we will email you the original "non-watermarked, no strings attached" file for you to use as you wish...it is cropped to 8x10 but you can make it as big as you want....This is the car that Lyle is known to be blasting down the 1/8th mile strip in and this is a way you can be a small part in his journey of recovery for years to come....here is how it works...send $20 to paypal acc leafspringnation@yahoo.com and put "LYLE" in the comments as well as your EMAIL ADDRESS and select sending as GIFT so the family gets all of your donation and not paypal getting a cut......please share with anyone you can....if you will post "sent" in the comments below it will help us keep track of the progress...you must include your email address in the paypal transaction....thanks in advance for you help in this difficult time...and please keep praying for a full recovery!!!"

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/lt1wagner/lyle_zpswli0e42q.jpg

Damn. Sucks to hear stories like these. Hope he pulls through without too many issues.

I saw the whole thing on the live feed and was freaking out, if you saw it you knew it was bad from the start.

They are really worried about his lungs now due to the smoke and heat damage.

Lyle is a great guy and held in pretty high reguard, I only met him one time and it sucks something like this happend to such a nice kid.

I felt the need to do something to try and help, I don't have the money to make some big donation, my business is not strong enough to give a ton away, so I thought this was the best way to help.

To me, its just a picture, but to Lyle and his family the money raised of this picture could do some great things for him.

This is also a very pointed and sad jolt to remind us all why we MUST do everything we can to be safe on the track. No matter what kind of racing you do, don't skimp on gear or race at places that are not safe.

There are a lot of tracks where I really think Lyle would have died in that car. The SGMP crew was already on the track and beside the car before he came to a stop.

Even when I'm crewing, doing media stuff, or running my slow as car I always make sure my loved ones know I love them and I'm right with god, because things can take a bad turn and you have no control over it.

They found the main cause of the accident:

"The accident was a worse case deal, w'ere running a BAE Hemiw with twin 98mm on meth. It dropped one fo the two inejctos on #8 cylinder, blew a hole out back of the block, still running 50lbs plus of boost. It burnt through the fire wall and filled the car with ignited fuel and oil, then shrunk the carbon tunnel and let even more in.

Lyle was wearing a SFI 20 suite (saved his life) and had just two small burns on his leg. SFI 15 boots in a fire that hot were not enough, they melted to the gas pedal and had to pull out of the shoe to get out.

SFI 3.2/5 gloves were not enough for this fire. Helmet was a Simpson EV1 carbon, a good head sock would have helped some, but it melted the front of the helment and most of the visor.

Was waring a HANS and susatined no injuries from the impact off the wall at 180."

Just sent money. Not sure if I did it right as I sent it under friend or family but sent 100. I prob drink that in beer a week so if I can spin the shit out of the green backs on my car and truck and god knows what else stupid shit I buy why not do something good right? I hope I get the pic of the car! I'll put it in the garage with the other race pics were it should be! Hope for a speedy recovery!

Just sent money. Not sure if I did it right as I sent it under friend or family but sent 100. I prob drink that in beer a week so if I can spin the shit out of the green backs on my car and truck and god knows what else stupid shit I buy why not do something good right? I hope I get the pic of the car! I'll put it in the garage with the other race pics were it should be! Hope for a speedy recovery!

Thank you for the donation! If Jason Digby does not send it to you by Monday hit me up, I'll take care of you.

Jason is the guy putting all of this together and is going to visit Lyle this weekend along with his crew.