Razor MX500 needs work **free**

turbospec29

I got 3 of these last year from a guy on craigslist. I fixed up the other 2 for my son and his friend down the street. This one is the roughest but with $150-200 in parts can be rebuilt pretty nice for someone. Might make a nice Christmas gift to some kid if you get it soon and get it fixed up, my 8yo loves it. New these go for almost $400.

I'd like to see it go to someone who has a kid in mind they want to fix it up for. At the very least it will need batteries ($60), a charger ($30), and I think a throttle ($20). I was keeping it for parts, but now I just want the shed space.

I don't have a pic handy, its rough, but it's free.

internet photo:

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/scootercatalog/razor-mx500-electric-dirt-rocket-500-watt-35.jpg

Can I grab it from you?

I have the same exact bike that I grabbed from a curb earlier this summer (I have a FB pic of my 7yo fixing the chain after it derailed this past week) and while I repowered it with $80 worth of batteries and put new brake pads on it, the one we have is sketchy: the brake cables are frayed and my daughter got dumped already.

I'd let my daughter ride the best one, and use the other for parts.

Can I grab it from you?

I have the same exact bike that I grabbed from a curb earlier this summer (I have a FB pic of my 7yo fixing the chain after it derailed this past week) and while I repowered it with $80 worth of batteries and put new brake pads on it, the one we have is sketchy: the brake cables are frayed and my daughter got dumped already.

I'd let my daughter ride the best one, and use the other for parts.

You are welcome to, but to be honest the lines on this one are not the best either. Parts for these things are so dirt cheap, except for maybe the batteries and electronics, it's hardly worth swapping used parts from another bike that might only be a tad better. TNCscooters.com and monsterscooterparts.com have just about everything you could need. This one is pretty much curb worthy also, so they are likely in the same shape lol.

Monsterscooterparts.com is what I use.

RESPEKT, Keith. I'll let the next DIY'er on this board swipe it up.

Doods, for a hundred bucks in parts (I got my 36v batteries from Amazon), you'll get a heck of a bike that your 7+ year old will freak over.:thumbup:

My boy is 3, and learning how to ride a 50cc dirt bike. They're never too young. Lol

My 4yo boy is on a Razor Bistro. Dumped it one time by brake-locking the rear wheel on some slick asphalt...aside from a skinned knee he's now very aware of his speed and what's going on around him :thumbup: