Dodge Viper Commercials

Miller

Not to be a stickler...but the GTS is usually recognized as a Gen2...the Gen1 had those terrible 3-spoke wheels with side-pipes and crappy interior.

Still great looking through the years...love the new ones from the rear, not so much the front.

Yeah, the Gen 1 was straight clown shoe. The Viper in the first vid is a second gen - which I have always really liked.

The Viper in the second vid now has me close to opening Google and searching things like "MSRP new Viper" and "specs new Viper." Seriously, that's a good looking car. A couple of questions for you guys:

1. What is that paint? It looks matte, but with a sheen - if that makes sense. I normally hate matte finishes, but I am really digging whatever this paint is.

2. Can we trust those sounds from the Viper are the sounds that really come out of the Viper? They have always had the reputation of sounding like ass.

3. Would it be acceptable to buy one of the new Vipers, strap a 300 shot on it, roll into a car meet, and then just purge the lines repeatedly as I drove through the parking lot?

Great timing of this thread...with the demise of the Viper talked about in 2017, I spent a late night this week spec'ing out my used Viper. Clown shoe or not, I love the "AC Cobra" spirit of the Gen 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper-Rt-10-/262093789177?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d0601d7f9:g:EaoAAOSwA4dWH6Fy&item=262093789177

I have a feeling that a $25k Gen 1 now will be a $35-45k car in 5-7 years, especially if Viper dies in '17...

Not to be a stickler...but the GTS is usually recognized as a Gen2...the Gen1 had those terrible 3-spoke wheels with side-pipes and crappy interior.

Still great looking through the years...love the new ones from the rear, not so much the front.

"Tomato, Tomahto".

They're recognized as gen1 92-02 with phase 1 92-95 and phase 2 96-02.

Hoping to secure one of these someday. If you beat me to it, I'd like a ride along Tilley.

1. What is that paint? It looks matte, but with a sheen - if that makes sense. I normally hate matte finishes, but I am really digging whatever this paint

Home Depot exterior semi gloss, just past the deck stain.

Seriously though that paint is sick.

"Tomato, Tomahto".

They're recognized as gen1 92-02 with phase 1 92-95 and phase 2 96-02.

Hoping to secure one of these someday. If you beat me to it, I'd like a ride along Tilley.

I'd let you drive it - provided you do a video review as well.

1. What is that paint? It looks matte, but with a sheen - if that makes sense. I normally hate matte finishes, but I am really digging whatever this paint is.

The mfgs are doing a lot of interesting things with custom pain these days. If I had to guess it is either a metallic base coat or Pearl coat second stage under a a semi-gloss clear. Because Pearl and metallics have different light reflection properties than standard paint they give off a "sheen" even when top coated with matte clear.

Our manager has a newer one, not sure if it's a 14 or 15 model. But it sounds pretty nice. I got to sit in it the other day and I could never drive one. I'm too short and the seat sits too low and I can't see above the dash. He brings it in and has it washed about once a week.

The mfgs are doing a lot of interesting things with custom pain these days. If I had to guess it is either a metallic base coat or Pearl coat second stage under a a semi-gloss clear. Because Pearl and metallics have different light reflection properties than standard paint they give off a "sheen" even when top coated with matte clear.

Yeah according to the SRT site there are like 50,000 different color combos you can come up with because they allow you to customize the paint in a number of ways. Super cool, I think. I'd really like to see a few in person.

Yeah according to the SRT site there are like 50,000 different color combos you can come up with because they allow you to customize the paint in a number of ways. Super cool, I think. I'd really like to see a few in person.

And, if you spec a car through to 1 of 1 program, no one else can build the same combo during that model year.