Spotted Production NSX Running Downtown

racerx78

The car is fine, none of you are who it's being marketed to anyways. My only problem with the thing is its being touted as a drivers car. A connection with the road type of thing. I just don't see how turbos, DCT trans, heavy weight and the silly hybrid system allow for that. They should market it as the poor mans 918 or P1. Never driven an original nsx but the S2000 is truely a drivers car so who knows, i could be wrong. Sadly I'm not the one of the ones they are trying to sell it to so my opinions don't really matter like the rest of you.

YOU DON'T KNOW ME, BRO!

Okay, maybe you're right...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car is fine, none of you are who it's being marketed to anyways. My only problem with the thing is its being touted as a drivers car. A connection with the road type of thing. I just don't see how turbos, DCT trans, heavy weight and the silly hybrid system allow for that. They should market it as the poor mans 918 or P1. Never driven an original nsx but the S2000 is truely a drivers car so who knows, i could be wrong. Sadly I'm not the one of the ones they are trying to sell it to so my opinions don't really matter like the rest of you.

Who is the car being marketed to?

Who is the car being marketed to?

In the release paperwork there was 4 pages of fancy words about moving air and hybrid technology with no mention of actual specifics. I believe it's marketed to people who want it because it was in the iron man movie. Or because it truely is the poor mans P1. People who like cars but don't care much about specs, more prestige.

TLDR: Snooki.

This actually is no surprise to me. I expected Honda to launch a beautifully engineered vehicle that lacks personality, is somewhat numb or 'safe.' However, I expect that with a few modifications they will become a brilliant drivers car. The looks don't bother me though and I think it looks great in blue.

I was excited for this car until I read the C & D first drive review (http://www.caranddriver.com/acura/nsx). It sounds like Honda couldn't decide whether they were building a supercar or an enormously expensive and impractical Civic. I mean what supercar comes with all season tires on it? Seriously Honda?

It blows my mind that Honda made the NSX (original) and the S2000 and hasn't managed a single grain of excitement since. (The Honda s660 sounded promising but isn't making it to the USA...)

I was excited for this car until I read the C & D first drive review (http://www.caranddriver.com/acura/nsx). It sounds like Honda couldn't decide whether they were building a supercar or an enormously expensive and impractical Civic. I mean what supercar comes with all season tires on it? Seriously Honda?

It blows my mind that Honda made the NSX (original) and the S2000 and hasn't managed a single grain of excitement since. (The Honda s660 sounded promising but isn't making it to the USA...)

Looking at the HVAC controls it basically is just a Civic.

I'll just leave this here:

http://autoweek.com/article/classic-cars/look-back-eye-opener-acura-nsx-made-no-excuses-1990

I'm all for the purity of a cheap, RWD, stick-shift car, but look at the last couple of paragraphs...

"Critics will say the NSX achieves these aims with less character than European or American sports cars of like comportment. These same critics similarly complain that the Carrera 4 and the 348 lack the hard-edged appeal of the 911 and 328. All three represent strides in the same direction. If you dislike that direction, you'll like none of them.

But if Acura is mistaken in seeking to sell you a truly fast sports car that's also absurdly easy to drive, it is clearly in good company. The NSX's only error then would be in achieving that aim better than has anyone else. For that, it need make no excuses."

Could being "a poor man's 918 or P1" ever possibly be a bad thing? If we replace the above references in 1990 (Carrera 4 and 348) with R8, McLaren, GTR for 2016, sounds like the NSX will still stand on it's own two feet. Sounds to me more like the bulk of CR doesn't like the new NSX...I think if it's marketed correctly, it'll be a hit for all it brings to the 2016 automotive marketplace.

It for sure is growing on me. I like the interior and some of the color combo's. It will be interesting to see what everyone says when the car is actually out and more people start driving them.

Their target cars to beat are now updated and no longer the current competitor. The 458 is finished, the R8 they went against is being replaced soon and the 911 may be around the same?

I cant help but think the performance of the car will match what they did in F1 this year.

I cant help but think the performance of the car will match what they did in F1 this year.

Came here to post a funny comment only to read this, which cannot be topped in my opinion.

It take a certain kind of engineering brilliance to make a car that Alonso can't drive.

It take a certain kind of engineering brilliance to make a car that Alonso can't drive.

I mean it has absolutely blown my mind on how bad they look this year. I would of rather seen them sit the year out to perfect it and actually get the car into competition. I'm not just talking about getting 1 point for getting 10th, I'm saying top 5. Being Honda/McLaren you need to be at the top otherwise its embarrassing. Even the crap Renault engines are beating them. End of rant.