LOL

Major_golf

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff is old owner of IPS, Stas was owner or controlling partner, now his wife owns it I think and mark Carlyle has pulled out of anything to do with IPS...so yeah...flames are burning, and I am curious if they will get fanned or put out. I'm betting there's gonna get fuel added to the fire.

So Mark no longer has anything to do with IPS?

Yeah he made some Facebook post a couple weeks ago about walking away and having no part in it.

His split with them came weeks before the post, but he didn't put it out there very big. I heard about it through the grapevine before he posted that a few weeks ago, but he wanted to basically buy out controlling share of IPS and they couldn't/wouldn't come to terms that they agreed upon prior to him starting to manage it. Basically he did his part and they didn't own up to their end. This is also why you have seen the Vette FS and haven't seen it at any events the last few months....He's riding out what's left of his contract with them which expires this year on the Vette and then making a complete split I believe.

**This is what I have put together through the grapevine, this is NOT from the horses mouth....I apologize if any of it is false or misworded. No ill Intent is intended to Mark, I wish him the best.**

Mark walked away from IPS a couple months ago. He didn't want to do a big announcement that he left because he didn't want his departure to have a negative affect on their business. There was no hard feelings, both sides couldn't come to terms on the continued relationship. Carlyleracing now has two employees taking parts orders.

This is why I stick with pickups plus- Kyle and Brady are good dudes. I call Kyle and can get scheduled usually within a few days/week.

I went to IPS for a quote on the header install, tune and a few other additional things. Mark came out of the office and said hello, but then passed me onto a kid that took my info down.

Never heard a fuckin peep. I can only imagine this was around the time when Mark was about to leave. He looked frustrated to say the least.

Yeah they have always pushed low money stuff to the back burner only to do big jobs that really seem to never get finished in any decent amount of time yet they wanted absolute top dollar for every bit of work and parts. IMO, if you want top dollar for your services, you provide top notch service, which includes the handling of the customer and smaller jobs as well. Cest la vie....Its been written on the wall for a long time really.

This is why I stick with pickups plus- Kyle and Brady are good dudes. I call Kyle and can get scheduled usually within a few days/week.

I went to IPS for a quote on the header install, tune and a few other additional things. Mark came out of the office and said hello, but then passed me onto a kid that took my info down.

Never heard a fuckin peep. I can only imagine this was around the time when Mark was about to leave. He looked frustrated to say the least.

You should asked Brady how that mustang build just went and why the customer had to pickup their unfinished car after a year with a $20,000+ bill.

how hard is it to run a car performance shop? no bullshit, im genuinely curious.

The problem is this. They are always lacking at least one of the three main things it takes to run a business.

1)customer service

2)financial skills

3)management/project management/leadership skills

1,3 are the biggest issues, and usually 2 takes care of itself because 3 will dictate 1, which will lead to no $$