Transportation Research Center?!?!?!?

Aaron

I've been on about half of the test tracks in there. The road course is configurable in several different tracks and it incorporates elevation changes creating "blind hills". I've been trying to get a job there for years.

I've been on all surfaces of the TRC. Very neat track and area they have.

From my understanding the general public can use it, but it is more of a "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" basis. This was how it was explained to me at the Honda R&D open house this year from a TRC Supervisor.

Yeah its a pretty neat place. I did my internship with Honda and was on at their shop they have there almost daily on working days.

They used to (still do?) have an alumni/student Mech Eng event deal there every year. Let you drive around, so slalom, the low friction surface, etc.

Lingenfelter drove a Twin Turbo Camaro to 220 back in the 80's there, and then drove it back to his shop.

Lingenfelter also drove the Calloway sledgehammer there, we talked about it in the Calloway thread.

It's been around for a long time and lots of OEMs have used it. They are always looking for test drivers:http://www.trcpg.com/test-drivers.aspx