Virginia

2 Sweet

If you're ever heading down south on 77, DO NOT speed once you get to VA. You will get pulled over by an unmarked Chevy Impala hiding behind a big hill in the median, he will write you a ticket for going 82 in a 70 which is a "reckless op" in the great state of Virginia, and you will have to fill out an absentee hearing through the mail which will eventually lead to a $441.00 ticket from the fine city of Wytheville.

Lesson learned. :(

When I was stationed there, we referred to it as "The Communistwealth of Virginia".

Now you know why. Sorry man, but I had a few of those BS tickets there myself.

Yeah, over the years I've typically cruised through West Virginia at whatever speed I wanted and I guess I got cocky. Once I hit VA...boom, busted. And I sure as hell wasn't the only one they got.

VA sucks for tickets... I live in MD and drive in VA often, just this past Saturday I was at a beer festival and parked my car, no less than 30 mins after I parked a VA meter maid had written me a ticket for no front plate.... Assholes.

If you are not a Resident of that State, how can you be ticketed for that????

:wtf:

KillJoy

If you are not a Resident of that State, how can you be ticketed for that????

:wtf:

KillJoy

Dunno i asked the same thing to a VA cop and was told they can. Now let me say I know it is required and fully accept tickets for it but I have been pulled in MD 4 times and gotten a warning everytime, Its just lame to have a metermaid do that crap.

Dunno i asked the same thing to a VA cop and was told they can. Now let me say I know it is required and fully accept tickets for it but I have been pulled in MD 4 times and gotten a warning everytime, Its just lame to have a metermaid do that crap.

I see so many people driving without front plates here, that I assumed it wasn't required at all in Murderland.

Also, reckless driving is a Class 1 Misdemeanor in Virginia. Anything over 80 mph is automatic, as well as anything 20 mph over any posted speed limit. There was a Jalopnik(I think it was them) article a while back about a writer that had to do a weekend in jail for a reckless driving ticket he got in Virginia while testing the Camaro ZL1. I'm in and out Virginia a few times a week when I take my wife to work in Georgetown, and I'm always VERY careful. Hate it here...

Also, reckless driving is a Class 1 Misdemeanor in Virginia. Anything over 80 mph is automatic

Yeah, I couldn't believe that shit. So apparently going 82 in a 70 (which is basically the equivalent of going 53 in a 45) makes me the scum of the earth according to Virginia laws.

They got me on my way home from Hilton Head in July. 90+ passing downhill. I was a little pissed off, mind you. Having followed a mongoloid loose behind the wheel for a very long time. He had locked doors with a semi and would not allow anyone to pass.

I hope he died in the mountains.

I've let go of this though.

Hopefully he crashed into his family manner on the side of the Blue Ridge Mountains eliminating his bloodline.

Logistically, this wouldn't make sense. We were on a mountain and his family of toads would likely be in a swampy, low-land marsh.

Some call me a dreamer but I'm not the only one.

On the bright side, taking the West Virginia turnpike is 100% worth it. Suuuuper fun road, fairly smooth for the most part, and I've got a feeling that the cops intentionally don't sit there much, other than the construction zones (which is understandable). Went down to Myrtle Beach back in September and held about 85 the entire way through the state, that was the speed of traffic lol.

So I take 77 most of the time when coming back to Ohio and I got pulled over for 9mph over once heading back to Bragg. Having done the good thing and just paying tickets for the longest time I now just hire a lawyer and have them take care of it and don't have to deal with it anymore, saves time, saves money. But, this time the lawyer called and said I had to be there for the court date. So I show up about an hour early and set in the courtroom for all of the traffic tickets and I could not believe how much money they were making in that room. Since 77 is a huge highway for travelers and tourists heading to the beach no one at all except myself showed up for the court dates and it was seriously the judge reading the ticket, and issuing out four or five hundred dollar citations like a factory. Name, offense, 400 bucks, name offense, 400 bucks... the whole time I was there.