Job Relocation Scenario

wagner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way in hell we would have lived in Hudson, I was looking at places in BFE around my parrents home in Rootstown.

Frustrating is not even the word to describe it, but the only course of action is to press on and not give up. Those who do have good jobs that pay well should be very thankful they were able to get there, its hard for some of us.

I've been told by a few people this will be difficult because of how most places do their hiring now, and that resume is not "pretty" with direct skills.

If life was easy everybody would be good at it right?

I'm going to start adding some other media services to what I already do. I think I see a way to make some extra cash, help small businesses, and gain those skills while having fun and playing race car this year :)

Media services for the purpose of marketing are a very good idea to build your resume. That being said, marketing has and always will be a volatile profession. Its not like being a Doctor, an engineer, or even an accountant. You are always expendable/not a functional necessity, and that's something that I never liked about that career field.

In either way I wish you luck. Maybe we could talk to Alex and get an article written up on my car to help you and BPA in some way.

Media services for the purpose of marketing are a very good idea to build your resume. That being said, marketing has and always will be a volatile profession. Its not like being a Doctor, an engineer, or even an accountant. You are always expendable/not a functional necessity, and that's something that I never liked about that career field.

In either way I wish you luck. Maybe we could talk to Alex and get an article written up on my car to help you and BPA in some way.

I'm not even worried about just marketing jobs, this happend to be one I applied for and was a very close fit.

My focus is more on Account/Relationship management, service, sales, and things close to that. The current job I have I do all of these things, but not one of them as a concentration.

I'm pretty much the swiss army knife that does customer facing work, helps in the sales process, produces sales leads, fixes things for cusotmers, and all tasks given.

Sorry to hear about your dead-end but at least you're reacting in a constructive way.

I think it's funny, as i read this thread im in a similar situation at work just the opposite. I'm in an operations/ "back end" of the business and want to make the jump to a Sales/ "front end" of the business but am lacking the opportunity as of yet. Goodluck to you.

Sorry to hear about your dead-end but at least you're reacting in a constructive way.

I think it's funny, as i read this thread im in a similar situation at work just the opposite. I'm in an operations/ "back end" of the business and want to make the jump to a Sales/ "front end" of the business but am lacking the opportunity as of yet. Goodluck to you.

Well, I've already started the process of building my "official" skillset more. I know that if I keep working away at this, I'll get my break.

I encourage others who are having a hard time with anything in life to never give up and never back down, something good will happen, it just takes time.

So I just went through something similar where we actually wanted to move to Cleveland to be closer to our families. I live pretty close to Hudson now and previously lived in German Village. The job search took me a year to find one suitable and was the most depressing thing ever so I feel your pain. The amount of rejection letters from auto-scanners and crap is the worst. I eventually started cold calling the companies and asking for the head honchos after researching their management folks. It actually panned out and was a great move. I would say Hudson is a nice place to live and raise a family but up here if you aren't in manufacturing or logistics its a tough crowd.

Long story short, if its a bump upward take it even if only for a year at least youll have more experience to put on the paper.