Amazon/XPO shipping woes

miller11386

I have been a long time user of Ebay for tons of purchases and am no stranger to buying high dollar items online. I recently began using amazon for some different items and ended up purchasing a Samsung 65 inch TV from their site. All seemed very fluid. I selected a delivery date, and waited.

Dec 2 was the intended date. (it was NOT the earliest date I could pick either) Time window was 3-6pm. Due to my schedule I picked that day because I knew someone would be there to sign for the package.

I wait, and wait, and wait. No one shows up. At 8pm I call XPO and I am put on hold in their "amazon department" where I am put on hold for 2 hours. I finally gave up and went to bed.

Today I call up amazon customer service and in some very broken English I was informed that the package would not arrive until next week Dec 9 due to shipper "buffer time"

I would go pick it up if I could, but XPO's site is ridiculously painful and nothing shows up when I enter my tracking # and phone #.

I've waited over a week and I just want my new TV!

I am going to try to find the XPO location but the only thing I find in Cuyahoga heights is a UPS distribution location. This my last update on Amazon.com

Shipment details

Latest update: Wednesday, Dec 2

2:00 PM

Package arrived at a carrier facility

Cuyahoga Heights, OH, US

Does anyone have some insight to XPO? I've never had any contact with them before.

I am going to assume you don't have Amazon Prime? that will get you free two day shipping on all "qualified" items. I have always received my packages by Fedex in my area. In the event your item was shipped by a third party vendor on Amazon make sure to leave them feedback once you get the item and if your delay continues make sure you open up a claim on Amazon's website. A while back, I ordered a headset for my brother and it arrived 12 days past the target date. I gave the vendor hell and Amazon gave me a credit on the website for my troubles.

Hope all works out for ya man.

I am going to assume you don't have Amazon Prime?

I don't have prime, however it was not eligible for prime shipping anyway. I was ok waiting a week or so but now that its 2 weeks, I kind of wish I would have just ordered it thought a big box store.

I just want to know where it is and how I can pick it up at this point. I don't care if I need to drive to Cleveland or whatever. I have an email out to XPO asking for an update.

I just got this really helpful email from XPO:

From: LastMile Express Customer Service <LastMileExpressCustomerService@xpo.com>

To: "miller@yahoo.com" <miller@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:39 AM

Subject: Re: Form submission from: Contact Us

Hello

Please advise which retail company you purchased from

Thank You

Jessica O

I just received an email today saying my target delivery date of Dec 3 will not be accurate but it didnt give me a new target date. Thankfully i didnt buy a high dollar item like a TV but I'm still ok waiting a few more days. As long as its here before December 24th.

Final response from XPO... First message on the bottom, last message on top:

Jessica,

Thank you for your kind and prompt communication. I just wish the other department was as responsive! I will do my best to get in touch with them.

Have a great day,

Chris

From: LastMile Express Customer Service <LastMileExpressCustomerService@xpo.com>

To: Chris Miller <miller@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:25 PM

Chris, I do apologize for the wait time but we do not handle amazon at this end, this is another department of XPO that handles amazon.

Best Regards,

Jessica O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:24 PM

To: LastMile Express Customer Service

Jessica,

I've spent over 2 hours on hold last evening and I am currently on hold now (for 25 min thus far)

Are you sure you couldn't locate the office in Cuyahoga heights and give me their contact information? I just want to pickup my package.

Regards,

Chris

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------

Date: 12/03/2015 11:09 AM (GMT-05:00)

Hello

Chris, I do apologize but you would need to contact 844.285.5279 for further assistance

Regards

Jessica O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 10:44 AM

Jessica,

I purchased this with Amazon.com

Order # 107-4352272-xxxxxx

Carrier: XPO, Tracking #: AMDxxxxxxxxx

2:00 PM

Package arrived at a carrier facility

Cuyahoga Heights, OH, US

This is all the information I have.

Chris

Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 10:04 AM

Hello,

Chris, I do apologize but I am not sure what your order is or where your purchased from. I would need this information to further assist you

Regards

Jessica O

Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:43 AM

Hello Jessica,

I have done this. However they have only advised me that it would be delivered next week.

Is there any way I could come in person and pickup this package? I am in need of it prior to next Wednesday Dec 9th.

Thanks,

Chris

To: "miller@yahoo.com" <miller@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:39 AM

Hello

Please advise which retail company you purchased from

Thank You

Jessica O

From: mailto:donotreply@xpo.com <donotreply@xpo.com> on behalf of XPO Logistics <donotreply@xpo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 9:28 PM

To: LastMile Express Customer Service; #LastMile Analysts

Subject: Form submission from: Contact Us

Submitted on Wednesday, December 2, 2015 - 21:28

Submitted by anonymous user: 10.53.80.208

Submitted values are:

First Name: Chris

Last Name: Miller

Email: mailto:miller@yahoo.com

Phone: xxx-xxxxx

Company Name:

Is this message related with a specific service? Last Mile / Home Delivery

Subject: General Question

Hello,

My delivery was scheduled Wednesday 12/2/2015 from 3PM to 6PM. It is now 9:30PM EST and I have been unsuccessful in getting a representative on the help line. (I have been on hold waiting for an operator for an hour and 30 minutes) I just want to know where my package is and when it will actually be delivered as it will be a challenge for me to be home the rest of the week.

2:00 PM Package arrived at a carrier facility

Cuyahoga Heights, OH, US

Carrier: XPO, Tracking #: AMDxxxxxxxx

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris Miller

The results of this submission may be viewed at:

http://www.xpo.com/node/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That response seems VERY bull shit to me. "we do not handle amazon at this end, this is another department of XPO that handles amazon." WTF does that even mean? they have multiple different departments in charge of different Amazon orders? or did she mean to say "there is another department"?

That response seems VERY bull shit to me. "we do not handle amazon at this end, this is another department of XPO that handles amazon." WTF does that even mean? they have multiple different departments in charge of different Amazon orders? or did she mean to say "there is another department"?

From what I gathered, the "last mile" or "Home delivery" service has their own separate customer service. Obviously its overwhelmed while the LTL/ truckload Customer service is just breezing right along.

Didn't make much sense to me, but that is what I was told.

I am getting pretty anxious to get my TV as the prices have all jumped since black Friday. I cant replace what I ordered for near the same price, so I'm stuck waiting and watching for the delivery driver. Hopefully Wednesday will bring good news.

In other Amazon news, I think a huge distribution hub is going into a Prologis park on SR 40 (main street). Between mink and 310. Wonder if you can just pick items up from there when ordered?

Maybe. They only have 1 pick up location in the country that opened in August

Hoping for the best today. Amazon.com shows out for delivery.

Latest update: Wednesday, Dec 9

8:16 AM

Out for delivery

Cuyahoga Heights, OH, US

Carrier: XPO, Tracking #: AMDTxxxxxxx

Tuesday, Dec 8

3:25 PM

Delivery appointment scheduled

Cuyahoga Heights, OH, US

Yes it was delivered at 4:15 last night. None the worse for wear, just me being aggravated by the whole process.

All the people who "promised to follow up" did not do so either. Both Amazon and XPO promised to call when it was out for delivery and follow up after it was delivered.

Yes it was delivered at 4:15 last night. None the worse for wear, just me being aggravated by the whole process.

All the people who "promised to follow up" did not do so either. Both Amazon and XPO promised to call when it was out for delivery and follow up after it was delivered.

Great to hear it finally got to you. I am in shock at the lack of communication. I wonder if Amazon treats Prime customers different then, because I have never had anyone but UPS or FEDEX deliver anything from Amazon and on the two cases where I needed customer support they always got back to me that day.

Very sad and inexcusable to neglect someone like that. Very sorry to hear. You going to pursue this more? demand compensation?