Stolen Bikes!

columbusfzr

Do a crazedlist search for the whole US for your bike & parts, chances are good they'll try in the next few weeks or even months to offload parts or the whole bikes that way.

Searching locally won't do much good, 9 times out of 10 the bike will leave the state or be stripped for parts which are moved via ebay, craigslist or elsewhere.

Sorry it happened to ya.

This is reason #1 why I'll never live in burb again. Can't even see my house from the road, and you have to get past a big iron gate to even drive up to my place.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep my stuff out of sight.....never had a problem yet.

have full coverage JUST in case the bike ever disappears.....although it would be tough to part out a 675 within 300 miles of me, seeing that there is NO parts listed for it to blend in with.

...I talked to a neighbor and he saw a white full size truck leaving with my bikes in the back.

Nice of your neighbors to watch as someone stole your bikes. Can't say this enough, make sure you have

good relationships with your neighbors, if you do they will watch out for you and your stuff. Make sure you

and your neighbors swap cell #'s too.

Anyway, sorry to hear about this.

AMEN. sorry for your shit luck.. Since they were stripped down and at the curb, maybe they thought you were tossing them:dunno:

DId anyone else not read this post....When I read the First post....This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

If something is -semi-stripped looking and sitting at the curb....around where I live....Its out for the taking....Not as so to steal...but people around here put free stuff at the curb all the time.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I originally read the First post.

DId anyone else not read this post....When I read the First post....This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

If something is -semi-stripped looking and sitting at the curb....around where I live....Its out for the taking....Not as so to steal...but people around here put free stuff at the curb all the time.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I originally read the First post.

+1 Scrappers just might be dumb enough to think that shit would be trash... I would still kick some ass and get the bikes back if possible, but parking stripped down bikes by the curb and leaving them is poor planning. Dublin has been pretty good on crime, mostly teenagers without enough supervision doing minor vandalism and such. But I see the scrappers running around picking up old appliances all the time. Nothing sits on our street for more than a few hours.

I try to keep mine parked where it is more difficult to load them into trucks without looking extremely suspicious. People take more notice if you have to back a truck into a yard or carry a locked bike around cars by hand to load it into the back. Also the nearer to the house doors the criminals are forced to work the more nervous it typically makes them. The easy snatch is too much temptation for the opportunistic criminal type and very hard to catch after the fact.

hold a gun to his head. he should answer truthfully. :)

Not really, works sometimes but I have had people lie to me under simple threat of a quick death. Not that they are macho, but they watch movies and TV a lot and don't think you will really blow their brains out. This is no good for getting information since if you prove your point, they can't answer anyway and you can only cock the hammer back dramatically so many times before you just appear unable to operate the firearm. Torture is unreliable, messy and takes effort to do correctly. Plus, more evidence gets left behind....

If you really want to pump them, make them dig their own six by six. The physical labor and time to think has a profound psychological effect. Negotiation will start immediately, but don't get baited in just yet. Continue to make them dig as if you are only interested in saving the labor yourself and soon they will stop negotiating and start spilling everything they know in desperation. If they refuse to dig, explain that if you have to dig it, they will be lying on the ground screaming their death from a gut shot but if they dig it they can die tired, but swiftly. Anger does not typically play well, shows a lack of control on the part of the interrogator and weakens your position. Do this calmly, methodically, but without discussion or apparent mercy. Once they believe you, the work is already done. I can tell you that this method has never failed to get me truthful answers, and the sight of a grown man crying....

Edited by 2wheels>4
add quote

As far as the scrappers theory, the bikes were parked side-by-side on the street near the curb. They weren't sitting out where you would toss your trash cans or recycling bin. The bikes were definetely stolen, no way they would have been mistaken for junk/trash. Someone either stole them intending on scrapping them for a couple hundred bucks, or to part-out. I'm still looking into the only solid lead I have (the guy lives a couple streets over), in the mean time I may buy this...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1166478323.html

:cool:

I think that would be a sweet/cheap bike to finish this season with