Saddest Christmas commercial I've ever seen

Doc1647545523

FWIW anyone with a loved one, especially a parent that they don't see often, watch this one twice then go see them.

As much as my enjoyed the last 12 months I cared for my father here with us in Columbus, I equally regret not having made more time for him in years past. Life does get in the way and clouds our judgement and seems to leave us believing time doesn't go by as fast as it does.

I say this on the day I hung my father stocking back up on our fireplace.

I was touched until I realized, (and granted this isn't said flat out in the video but I believe it's implied), the old man tricked them into showing up with what seems to have obviously been his death. I want to believe he shared some special story that brought them all back, but just can't see it. Ruins it for me completely.

+1 for me not having to feel sad.

Agreed, it's better if you suspend logic and just let your feels run.

Otherwise, you have to punch the old man for trolling his kids and grandkids, pulling them from across the globe and away from their work. It would be interesting trying to explain to HR that your emergency bereavement leave was a hoax. Let alone imagining that the kids would just show up at the house without checking with the funeral home or with friends in the area. And the daughter gets a printed "death announcement" in the mail that her father died?

I just took it at the gut level -- make time for your loved ones while they are with you, flowers to the living, and all that. It sure pushed my buttons.

Agreed, it's better if you suspend logic and just let your feels run.

Otherwise, you have to punch the old man for trolling his kids and grandkids, pulling them from across the globe and away from their work. It would be interesting trying to explain to HR that your emergency bereavement leave was a hoax. Let alone imagining that the kids would just show up at the house without checking with the funeral home or with friends in the area. And the daughter gets a printed "death announcement" in the mail that her father died?

I just took it at the gut level -- make time for your loved ones while they are with you, flowers to the living, and all that. It sure pushed my buttons.

Yeah, I get ya. I just couldn't shut my grumpy, cynical face up. :megusta:

That doctor was the best thoracic surgeon in the area. When he had to leave for an emergency family situation, an 8-year-old girl's cancer surgery was handed off to an inferior surgeon and she died on the table.

Thanks, grandpa.

/plot twist

Also, grandpa was a former SS officer.

/plot twist