New "Cr slut" project 82 Corolla

Buckeye1647545503

So my Roommate, Best friend ,and I bought a car to run drag week 2016 in...... We are planning a 5.3/4l80 and boost. More pics and what not to come.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=8396

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=8395http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=8394

I should also mention this is a budget build so I'm looking for quality used parts that you all may have spare. I have an engine lined up but still need a good usable 4l80, a boost friendly cam that works with stock pistons.

I am a Ford guy as I'm sure most of you know but with this project we are going ls for two reasons. One and manly I want to do something different. Two .. It's cheap...ish

Why not go with something unique like homo buttsex instead of just hopping onto the straight bandwagon like 99% of the men out there?

^ ftfy, since you basically said the exact same thing.

Why does everyone do LS swaps? Because more often than not, it's the most appealing option

Well being as I'm a Ford guy I'm doing an ls swap to learn something new, also I've found about every kind of Toyota based swap but strangely no ls swap. So it will be a little unique. Then the third point is a 1uz (or whatever) makes 265 HP and uses Lexus parts($$) the 2jz is all $$ if watching Alex and Matt's supras show me anything. We aren't aiming for a competive drag car just a fun toy that we can build on as we go.

I don't think they are too concerned with what the car currently has, but more of a cheap lightweight base to go from. It won't take too much money to do s13 lower control arms/s13 or Q45 brakes up front and a ford 8.8 out back with a ladder bar. A cage will give the car all the support it needs.

I don't think they are too concerned with what the car currently has, but more of a cheap lightweight base to go from. It won't take too much money to do s13 lower control arms/s13 or Q45 brakes up front and a ford 8.8 out back with a ladder bar. A cage will give the car all the support it needs.

Yes an 8.8 will be out back

• 1 month later...

So I need some input on things.

1.What is the easiest bracket setup on a 5.3 to run an alternator and the oe water pump? Maybe change to a groved pulley and move alt to other side maybe?

2. Are all ls alternator s the same or are some physically smaller?

3. Is heat soak a concern for the ls coil packs or leaving them in the stock location OK?