CC&C should be better

zeitgeist57

It's worked out pretty well in the past for us. Only thing I would caution is sometimes when "sponsors" get involved it sours the experience for others. Take our shop for example, maybe you had a bad experience with us, aren't a fan of me personally, don't like what we do, or support a shop you see us "in competition" with that may make people not want to show.

Can add a bit of drama to an otherwise very chill and low key experience

However, can be a neat experience for people to get a more personal behind the scenes kind of look at different operations. Occasionally we see some business up tick from it but usually it's just for the love of automotive that we host

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Would it help if Lennox' parking lot was better organized, with areas to park clearly designated? Not cordoned off based on make/model, but just better outlined?

Do not put me with other corvette owners. I will not come.

No need to change what is done and make it a "job". Meet at the same place, same time as always, just add the following things that can all be set up to run with no effort via e-mail or text:

-Sponsor coffee,

-After cruises that mix with an open to the public open house (will help expose people to Cars and coffee).

-Work with UFO or other groups to help drive memebership for them, exposure for Cars and Coffee

This.

After is better, use CC&C as the meeting place.

After for cruises and get togethers would get my vote. I get up early everyday and enjoy my mornings with the kids.

For parking let's keep it open. The random grandma in a Buick driving through staring at the young hollogans, just give us something else to smile about.

Thanks Clay.

What also makes cars and coffee nice is that it's essentially pretty central. Guys can come from the north, east, south, ect and not feel like they drove way out of their way to get there. This also allows it to double as a great "meeting" spot for a group who plan to travel to another spot after. I'm in Grove City, guys used to drive to lennox together after meeting at Easton. I always thought that would be fun but no way I'd go out of my way like that just to drive back the way I came.

Clay, you have done a great job and as long as the same basic idea remains I think adding some optional events or reasonable sponsoring into it will do no harm. Just don't take on more than you can handle, get some go-getters like Wagner or someone to help with organizing.

Scott, that does make more sense as I'm thinking it through...to have Open houses for Lucore, Studio 47, AA Customs, etc...after Cup O' Joe that people can cruise to.

That would work, Follow what others are saying, keep the standard Saturday but have "Bolt Ons" for anyone interested. What about a sponsor for the saturdays that at least would buy coffee? Also, what about education or informational items on the saturdays?

That would work, Follow what others are saying, keep the standard Saturday but have "Bolt Ons" for anyone interested. What about a sponsor for the saturdays that at least would buy coffee? Also, what about education or informational items on the saturdays?

Could be cool to let a sponsor "buy a day". They float the coffee bill and we cruise to their shop/business after. That could be a bit more personal. Company X bought us coffee today, lets drive out there and support their car show...

Clay, this has been your baby from day one, and you've done a great job of growing it into a enjoyable, sustainable event. It takes effort to successfully promote this with social media, but you've done an excellent job on that end, too.

When others have asked me what the "secret" was to CC&C's success, I've said it was because you've kept it simple -- no membership, no dues, no events, no one excluded. If you like cars, you're welcome. Rain or shine, always the same time, same place. You draw some really great people to Lennox on Saturday morning.

I think if you begin to take on fund raising, cruises, special events, shop tours, car shows, logo wear, etc., then I think it adds a level of complication that takes you away from your "center."

Do you really want to follow the course that the other CC&C did?

Just my .02

As a casual onlooker who has driven by (on my way to SCCA autocrosses) I think Doc hits the nail on the head. My only .02 (and maybe this is done already) would be a place for folks with race cars (non street legal) that want to bring them out could park with their trailer and roll a car out the back. I don't have anything that interesting that I drive on the street. Maybe two rows of parking spaces with the aisle blocked off - pull straight through and park your racer in one space right behind your tow rig. Other than that - KISS seems like a good plan!

I understand it would be a work load, but why not hand out a flyer or something to everyone that swings by with all the automotive related stuff going on that weekend within "X" radius and jumping out of said radius for more major events at Mid-Ohio, National Trails, etc?

Since all events don't get posted on all the sites. I totally missed Timmy Fest 2015 because I literally saw nothing about it. I would have totally gone though......

As a casual onlooker who has driven by (on my way to SCCA autocrosses) I think Doc hits the nail on the head. My only .02 (and maybe this is done already) would be a place for folks with race cars (non street legal) that want to bring them out could park with their trailer and roll a car out the back. I don't have anything that interesting that I drive on the street. Maybe two rows of parking spaces with the aisle blocked off - pull straight through and park your racer in one space right behind your tow rig. Other than that - KISS seems like a good plan!

The entire lot on the side of the theater is always empty. Plenty of room to unload a trailer.

If I also have a wish list:

- Website: I need someone to help me update a couple of the Wordpress pages. Spencer, an OSU student, was nice enough to update the site with a more modern layout...but the videos/Facebook/picture feeds are all not working.

- Videos: Wagner has been gracious in suggesting that he can do some work here, but I'd love some consistent video coverage, as well as someone who could help me do 1-2 interview videos most Saturdays.

Anyone know of people I could talk to about these items, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Too bad we cant run auto cross on the other side of the lot. Cars and Coffee and then some auto cross on the other side. I for sure would stick around to watch and it seems like lots of people on here auto cross as well.

Probably way to difficult to pass with the theater but just a thought.

When I get involved with something I enjoy, I often find myself trying to do more and more. After a while, I look back and realize that I've added a lot of extra complexity and stress to something that I used to enjoy.

I say go ahead and grow. But stop every now and then and look back to make sure you're not leaving what you enjoy behind.

How is it so expensive for them to park their their cars and talk? Honestly what am I missing?

I attended one meet and left after 15 minutes due to the egos and the junior high mentality.

Edited by RS69

Couple of questions for the group:

- If there was a cruise, is 9am too early? Would you drive to a cruise spot departing at 10am instead, going to Lennox Town Center?

- Would it help if Lennox' parking lot was better organized, with areas to park clearly designated? Not cordoned off based on make/model, but just better outlined?

Keep the meet open until 10ish then the cruise afterwards.

Clay, You are doing a great job and thanks for sharing and asking for our input.

I like this idea too for the non street legal cars.

It has been said by a number of folks already but in the spirit of adding a "vote" I'll say this:

I like cars and coffee very much the way it is. I would likely be interested in cruising somewhere (lunch?) afterwards but not before.

Something else to consider: How about integrating some charitable events with CC&C, such as "Toys 4 Tots", "Support the Food Pantry" (bring a can in your can), etc? Pick a charity for one Saturday each month or quarter and do something particular, collection or cruise to Children's Hospital, for that charity. I'm sure everyone has a charity that's close to their heart.

Would definitely be cool to see some non street cars come out, I know a lot of the AutoX folk don't get to make our Saturday mornings because they are busy chasing orange cones around a parking lot which is unfortunate but nothing can really be done about it.

Lunch is actually a part of my Saturday morning ritual as is, see cars talk to folks get coffee head to Polaris for cheap and tasty Mexican food before starting a productive/semi-productive day.

P.S. Please please don't make me get up any earlier on Saturdays :(

Something else to consider: How about integrating some charitable events with CC&C, such as "Toys 4 Tots", "Support the Food Pantry" (bring a can in your can), etc? Pick a charity for one Saturday each month or quarter and do something particular, collection or cruise to Children's Hospital, for that charity. I'm sure everyone has a charity that's close to their heart.

+1