CC&C should be better

zeitgeist57

Well, my offers to help as I can still stands....

For 2016 since it looks like we will only be on the road one weekend a month I was going to try and make it to more Cars and Coffee events to add content to my YouTube channel, and find cars for media stuff.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something else to consider: How about integrating some charitable events with CC&C, such as "Toys 4 Tots", "Support the Food Pantry" (bring a can in your can), etc? Pick a charity for one Saturday each month or quarter and do something particular, collection or cruise to Children's Hospital, for that charity. I'm sure everyone has a charity that's close to their heart.

Hey, Doug! Good to hear from you here on the board.

I'm all about charities IF PEOPLE WANT TO PUT THE EFFORT IN TO PROMOTE AND FOLLOW-THROUGH. (not directed at you, Doug. :)) Wes was working on a calendar, a few of us were talking about doing a car show for charity. The sticking point is that it requires a lot of work, and ultimately (sad to say) it didn't seem like people cared about it...at least at CC&C.

Again, something to consider. If an outside group was doing a charity event and wanted to promote it, I'm all ears on Facebook and our website...

Would definitely be cool to see some non street cars come out, I know a lot of the AutoX folk don't get to make our Saturday mornings because they are busy chasing orange cones around a parking lot which is unfortunate but nothing can really be done about it.

Lunch is actually a part of my Saturday morning ritual as is, see cars talk to folks get coffee head to Polaris for cheap and tasty Mexican food before starting a productive/semi-productive day.

P.S. Please please don't make me get up any earlier on Saturdays :(

I'm getting the mandate...nothing earlier on Saturdays. Everything planned going forward will springboard off of CC&C afterwards. :)

As a casual onlooker who has driven by (on my way to SCCA autocrosses) I think Doc hits the nail on the head. My only .02 (and maybe this is done already) would be a place for folks with race cars (non street legal) that want to bring them out could park with their trailer and roll a car out the back. I don't have anything that interesting that I drive on the street. Maybe two rows of parking spaces with the aisle blocked off - pull straight through and park your racer in one space right behind your tow rig. Other than that - KISS seems like a good plan!

Craig, we've had people bring trailered race cars out. Casto has no problem with this. In fact, a not-to-be-named member on CR brought out a rail dragster that did an Exxon Valdez on the asphalt after bringing it out on the trailer. ;):lol:

If people want to help get the word out that we're trailer-friendly...definitely let them know.

Craig, we've had people bring trailered race cars out. Casto has no problem with this. In fact, a not-to-be-named member on CR brought out a rail dragster that did an Exxon Valdez on the asphalt after bringing it out on the trailer. ;):lol:

If people want to help get the word out that we're trailer-friendly...definitely let them know.

I was wondering when this was going to come up. I still need to get that transmission fixed. I'll bring it back out again some time if people want me to.

Just rambling a random thought that wandered through my mind, I really appreciate the "neutral ground" that is the CC&C that's going now. When spring is here the Wholly Joes car show on Polaris will start back up, that's a pretty solid group of old school classics, bring in a few of the "Sonic Nights" crew from when things were really rocking up there, maybe even reach out to a few more of the custom truck crowd that seems to be in low attendance for Saturday mornings.

As a group I think there's a lot we can do as CR folk to help promote it, spread the word and grow naturally. Watching The Oven lately we see quite a few new members that have heard of us through CC&C which is awesome, let's do more of that. Grow both this online community and our friendly parking lot Saturday mornings its a win win win for everyone..

Just some ramblings

Thanks Clay - I'll see what the "orange cone schedule" shapes up to be and if possible, try to bring something by when it warms up!

I personally love CC&C at Cup o' Joe.

The other CC&C's around had a LOT of egotistical people, who were more interested in putting people with less expensive - or less powerful - cars down, whereas at CoJ, it has always been friendly and inviting.

The grassroots feel is amazing, however that isn't to say events, clothing, etc. wouldn't be cool.

The only stipulation would be that events would still be the way the meet is: Free

Speaking of time, a little later in the day would be nice, but the morning atmosphere is great, since the lot is usually pretty empty, and allows us to park wherever we want. As an avid Friday-night-enthusiast, it can be difficult, but not necessarily unmanageable.

Also, I understand it's winter, but the scene dies a lot over the season, some sort of incentive (ie. Free coffee) would help keep it in full swing year round, even if people are showing up in winter beaters.

Winter is definitely a trick, there have been several Saturday mornings I can remember last year that it was myself and maybe 3 other people standing in a circle in a parking lot freezing our asses off. Unfortunately in the cold months there's not much an option unless there's a parking garage somewhere we could invade (for free)?

myself and maybe 3 other people standing in a circle in a parking lot freezing our asses off.

There is your mistake. :)

There are usually at least 6-7 people who sit inside where it's warm and drink coffee and talk about cars.

I can remember last year that it was myself and maybe 3 other people standing in a circle in a parking lot freezing our asses off.

I can remember standing around with a few people in the Kroger parking lot huddled around a WRX exhaust on a Friday night/early Saturday morning. Getting too old for that now. lol

I'm jealous of the wealth of events available in Columbus. Last year, I was able to make it to the tail end of a cars and coffee event on the way to a Buckeyes game. I was impressed.

Hopefully I can make it to an event next fall. I agree with keeping the core idea simple---the location, the time, the concept, free of charge, etc. some add-ons will draw more attention to the event----sponsoring coffee and then a cruise to that shop for an open house is a great idea. Charity events involving a cruise after the core event is also a good one.

I simply can't stand pretentious pricks who stand around and stroke each other's egos. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to fight back the urge to vomit all over the priceless works of art at the other cc+c.