2016 HPDE opportunities

AudiOn19s

Preliminary list of stuff from the groups I would typically run with. Feel free to add events as you know of them.

Chin – NCM 4/2-3

MVP – NCM 4/9-10

NOR PCA Mid Ohio 4/29-5/1

Auto Interests – Pitt 5/7-8

MOR PCA Mid Ohio 5/13-15

10/10ths NCM 5/14-15

NNJR PCA Mid Ohio 5/20-22

Chin – Mid Ohio 5/30-31

OVR PCA Mid Ohio 6/10-12

Auto Interests – Mid Ohio 6/27

Auto Interests – Pitt 7/2-3

US Audi Club - Mid Ohio 7/22-24

MOR PCA Putnam 7/9-10

MOR PCA Indy 8/19-21

Buckeye BMW Mid Ohio 8/19-21

ARPCA – Mid Ohio 9/9-11

Edited by AudiOn19s

Anyone run at BeaveRun?

Beaver Run is now call Pitt Raceway. The track was purchased by the owhership team that owns VIR and they completed the full track layout as of August of last year. It has finally developed into the property they originally hoped it would be.

Dates above referenced as Pitt are at that facility.

Ran Mid Ohio with the Auto Interests group last year and had an amazing time, great group of people and extremely helpful. Personally I intend to hit Mid Ohio at least twice this year and would also love to catch an "out of town" event, maybe if other CRs are eyeballing something we could set up something to do as a group?

Beaver Run is now call Pitt Raceway. The track was purchased by the owhership team that owns VIR and they completed the full track layout as of August of last year. It has finally developed into the property they originally hoped it would be.

I've been planning on heading over there at some point to hang, didn't realize the name changed.

So what is usually required to run these events, Andy?

fresh brake fluid, good condition pads and tires, approved helmet (you can get a loaner in a pinch) and a good attitude.

Most of these clubs realize that these events need to be run like a business to survive, they are not highly profitable to begin with so the days of needing a BMW to be at a BMW club event, or Porsche at PCA event are long gone. You don't even need to be a paying memeber of any of these clubs to take part in their HPDE events.

Signup for the majority of these are either on Clubregistration.net or motorsportreg.com

I would suggest the bigger groups like PCA, BMW club or US Audi club for beginners...their beginner programs are much better in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I ran this new track last September as part of the SRT Experience. It was a blast, the new sections are challenging

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update - Because of complaints from people who live near the track NCM has had to put in place a 103 DB limit (@ 50 ft) for all events moving forward until an alternative agreement can be made.

If you are planning on attending you better be certain your car is quiet or it will be parked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Bump, anyone doing some of these?

poop...I got your text I've been slammed with work stuff.

I'll be at OVR PCA at Mid Ohio in 3 weeks. Think it might be full already though.

Also be at Audi Club @ mid ohio in late July. Let me know if you want details on that event.

Looking at Auto Interests at Pitt Race the first week in July too.

After that IDK...probably doing Watkins Glen in August then more Mid Ohio stuff in September and VIR in October.

Who are you doing VIR with? I'm thinking about making it down there Oct/Nov timeframe, TrackDaze is there the first week of Nov but it's two weekdays.

I'll be at Mid-Ohio with AutoInterests on June 27th, and they just added a Tuesday event on July 19th that I might bring the van out to.

poop...I got your text I've been slammed with work stuff.

I'll be at OVR PCA at Mid Ohio in 3 weeks. Think it might be full already though.

Also be at Audi Club @ mid ohio in late July. Let me know if you want details on that event.

Looking at Auto Interests at Pitt Race the first week in July too.

After that IDK...probably doing Watkins Glen in August then more Mid Ohio stuff in September and VIR in October.

No problem man, I appreciate the reply.

What group do you think I should run with? Are you instructing any?

I've only done 1 HPDE at Mid Ohio in the Golf R, but autocross regularly, and "get it." I do, however, want to get better with instruction, and feel an intermediate level suits me.

Thoughts?

Who are you doing VIR with? I'm thinking about making it down there Oct/Nov timeframe, TrackDaze is there the first week of Nov but it's two weekdays.

I'll be at Mid-Ohio with AutoInterests on June 27th, and they just added a Tuesday event on July 19th that I might bring the van out to.

NNJR PCA

No problem man, I appreciate the reply.

What group do you think I should run with? Are you instructing any?

I've only done 1 HPDE at Mid Ohio in the Golf R, but autocross regularly, and "get it." I do, however, want to get better with instruction, and feel an intermediate level suits me.

Thoughts?

I"ll be instructing at all of them I mentioned above. The Audi Club event is generally more laid back and not necessarily the fastest group in the world, but their group size is much smaller than the PCA events which means less traffic and better "quality" track time.

Tough call on the experience level. Knowing what I know about your skill level I think you would not fit well in the beginner group as it's generally painfully slow, but based on your previous track experience you are probably going to get stuck there by most organizations. I think your pace would be good for intermediate with most groups but you'd have to work really hard on awareness of what we try to teach to the beginners that you wouldn't generally be getting by skipping up to intermediate.

I"ll be instructing at all of them I mentioned above. The Audi Club event is generally more laid back and not necessarily the fastest group in the world, but their group size is much smaller than the PCA events which means less traffic and better "quality" track time.

Tough call on the experience level. Knowing what I know about your skill level I think you would not fit well in the beginner group as it's generally painfully slow, but based on your previous track experience you are probably going to get stuck there by most organizations. I think your pace would be good for intermediate with most groups but you'd have to work really hard on awareness of what we try to teach to the beginners that you wouldn't generally be getting by skipping up to intermediate.

Great, thanks for the details. I'll figure out which one works for me, and register.

PittRace at the beginning of the month was awesome. Its probably my favorite track that I've been to. Long, Fast, Grippy, Beautiful. Id highly recommend making the trip if you havent been.

I'm right down the road from there but I've never been. I'd love to go hang once but sadly I work weekends now too. :fuuuu: