Attn: Audion19s

Turbotrio

I tried like hell to talk her into a 991 GT3 or a GT4...no go on both or I'd have one sitting in the garage already.

She loves having a sunroof, she loves the torque of the turbo and despite my selfish desires for another GT3 or GT4 the turbo is ultimately the better fit for a street car for us.

I thought I had the perfect car all wrapped up last week and then the seller backed out last minute and decided not to sell it. Back to the drawing board.

We had a more serious discussions about the F430 lurking in the background than she was willing to have about a GT3 or GT4 :(

I'm afraid to ask, how much?

Anywhere from $150-190 would be my guess. '14's with engine replacements and a few miles are down around the $150k mark, low mileage '15's I've still seen upwards of 190...Byers has a red one priced at that point right now. GT silver custom paint on this one is a nice touch.

Nice set of vehicles @ the Toy Barn, but had to chuckle about the blast from the past in the back of pic #3. Hard to believe anyone still buys/likes the late 70's Pontiac Trans AM 's.

Can you say Sally Fields and Burt Reynolds (Bandit)

Yes jealous about the car and unfortunately not in my budget : (

Andy GL finding another Porsche for the stable..

Nice set of vehicles @ the Toy Barn, but had to chuckle about the blast from the past in the back of pic #3. Hard to believe anyone still buys/likes the late 70's Pontiac Trans AM 's.

Can you say Sally Fields and Burt Reynolds (Bandit)

2nd gen f-bodies have gone up quite a bit in value in the last 5 years. Still much more affordable than first gens.

Can you say Sally Fields and Burt Reynolds (Bandit)..

90661d57062a7fa9068f710023ea60c1.jpg

Raises hand on "who still likes late 70s early 80s Trans Ams"

Here. That one looks like a 79 or 80. Personally I have a fondness for the 78's not because of the movie but rather my late brother had one and would take me out in it and burn up some rear tires.

I guess I am the albatross in this case. I can only assume this echo's back to my first job at Hammond Electronics (Hammonds nose stereos). I was always wrenching on these cars installing stereos and the interiors were horrible. The interior door handles constantly ripped/broke, plastics were always cracking and that damn center console was always being removed to do something with the head unit or some small shove (Wire tied up under the dash) amplifier. Give me a first gen firebird/formula anytime (Maybe an early 70 "ish" Formula?)

Also those engines were really starting to feel the "Beat down" of emissions. I think the 78 or 79 TA's were only rated (6.6 / 403 CU) at about 200 ponies.

What would have cemented the second generation Firebirds would have been transplanting the GN or the GNX motor (It should have been close to production at this time)..

I guess I am the albatross in this case. I can only assume this echo's back to my first job at Hammond Electronics (Hammonds nose stereos). I was always wrenching on these cars installing stereos and the interiors were horrible. The interior door handles constantly ripped/broke, plastics were always cracking and that damn center console was always being removed to do something with the head unit or some small shove (Wire tied up under the dash) amplifier. Give me a first gen firebird/formula anytime (Maybe an early 70 "ish" Formula?)

Also those engines were really starting to feel the "Beat down" of emissions. I think the 78 or 79 TA's were only rated (6.6 / 403 CU) at about 200 ponies.

What would have cemented the second generation Firebirds would have been transplanting the GN or the GNX motor (It should have been close to production at this time)..

Yep. 220hp IIRC for the 6.6 Still loads of fun.

RIP to my brother. His looked like this. Although this picture is a beautiful restoration with great looking wheels.

Sorry for the hijack. FWIW I would love to have this car.

a98766b6dd46d6546585ec74bf8f8fb9.jpg

I prefer the second gen cars, specifically the 70 split bumper camaro and 73 trans am, to the first gen cars.

Oh I do too, but I would not mind having one of these. I happen to know a person that has a 1978 Trans Am with 20k miles, all original and unrestored just sitting in her garage. Unfortunately it is gold and an auto.