So I thought you were supposed to be able to find a '16 SS under $40k

Mowgli1647545497

I priced out a 16 Camaro 1SS with no options for 38k. I just know I would want leather, heated seats, blah blah blah and then it is suddenly 48k for the 2SS. My 2011 will have to do for a while.

2SS with leather (standard) MSRP right from chevy.com:

2016 Camaro 2SS Price $42,295

If you add mag ride, npp, auto tranny (lol) and a sunroof yea it's going to be higher.

When dealers are willing to deal a bit you should be able to get a "base" 2SS around 40k.

New Cts-v is over $80k. One we just got in is $90k

I said newer not new. I wouldnt' ever really suggest a brand new car for the sake of depreciation hits. I bought my MS3 new only because it was a turbo that used would likely be ragged-out. I also got it for a steal.

Also, I'm sure Tim was referencing the Gen 2 V...

Yep. I found quite a few 2013-2015 Gen2's when I was in the market. 2014 with 14k on it was ready for me to take delivery of too. It was close.

I priced out a 16 Camaro 1SS with no options for 38k. I just know I would want leather, heated seats, blah blah blah and then it is suddenly 48k for the 2SS. My 2011 will have to do for a while.

^^ Smart move too. She is very nice for a 2011 and at a huge savings.

If you get an auto, your transformation to a Dublinite is complete.

Hey now!

I would want mag ride and NPP. I am paying my car off this month - I want to be without a car payment for a while. Besides I just got mine :)

Agree. GM did equip it right with Mag ride and what not. Just IMO the damn thing is too vanilla and looks like the rental Malibu I had a couple weeks back.

I said newer not new. I wouldnt' ever really suggest a brand new car for the sake of depreciation hits. I bought my MS3 new only because it was a turbo that used would likely be ragged-out. I also got it for a steal.

Yep. I found quite a few 2013-2015 Gen2's when I was in the market. 2014 with 14k on it was ready for me to take delivery of too. It was close.

^^ Smart move too. She is very nice for a 2011 and at a huge savings.

Hey now!

Agree. GM did equip it right with Mag ride and what not. Just IMO the damn thing is too vanilla and looks like the rental Malibu I had a couple weeks back.

I am not sold on the styling in pictures but hear it is better in person. I think it will grow on me and the performance versions (ZL1, 1LE) will be hot I think based on spy photos.

You have been jaded and think everything GM is shit at this point, broken TBSS, a buddy with a G8, and whatever else you're pissed about. The fact that you recently bought a Camaro surprises me, then you come into a thread like this and talk shit about it, that doesn't really surprise me.

I'm just hearing bad things reliability-wise about the new LT1 engine, has nothing to do with other cars. LS3s are proving to be relatively bulletproof.

I'm just hearing bad things reliability-wise about the new LT1 engine, has nothing to do with other cars. LS3s are proving to be relatively bulletproof.

I have too but mainly from a buddy with a new C7. He's coming in from Florida next week so I'll learn more. He's had it in the shop several times. Details next week.

yeah... not really

more like $48k

ah well, will sit back and wait til they pile up on lots abit

right now price diff aint there

Base 2SS is $42,300 and invoice $40,640.

Auto, Magnetic, Brembos $48,660 and invoice $46,400.

Wait another year or two for a 1LE... ;)

...but also means the ZL1 is going to be $65k+ pusing $70k+ with options. :rolleyes:

I'm also assuming that OP was confusing the prices on the SS, which are discounted, sometimes heavily, to be a Camaro SS. LOLOLOL

That's the only way I'd expect a discount on a brand new Camaro, is if I got them confused.

I didn't confuse anything. 16 Camaro SS - ALOT of interwebz/blogosphere/journalist blather about how they're havable for in the $30s which is bs unless you want a stripped shitter.

$48 for anything that doesnt suck cock (aka non stripper).

this. will wait.

Just IMO the damn thing is too vanilla and looks like the rental Malibu I had a couple weeks back.

Yep, I've seen a few, and drove by them at the dealer. Boring looking, imo. Very similar to the outgoing model, but worse, actually.

I am not sold on the styling in pictures but hear it is better in person. I think it will grow on me and the performance versions (ZL1, 1LE) will be hot I think based on spy photos.

Let's hope.

I didn't confuse anything. 16 Camaro SS - ALOT of interwebz/blogosphere/journalist blather about how they're havable for in the $30s which is bs unless you want a stripped shitter.

$48 for anything that doesnt suck cock (aka non stripper).

this. will wait.

A. You called it the wrong car.

B. Magazines have said for decades how if all you want is the performance, you can get it for XX,XXX. The press cars are always optioned up. Mustangs are the same way.

C. Welcome to cars, and buying new.

A. You called it the wrong car.

B. Magazines have said for decades how if all you want is the performance, you can get it for XX,XXX. The press cars are always optioned up. Mustangs are the same way.

C. Welcome to cars, and buying new.

A. I called it what it is. It's not my fault GM decided to badge a rental fleet turd from down under wrong. You seem to have been the only one here confused I was talking about an actual car and not an uber taxi.

B. Loaded. Strippers are for fools.

C. Pretty sure I've been buying new cars since before you were buying cars. Easy on the assumptions there jr.

A. I called it what it is. It's not my fault GM decided to badge a rental fleet turd from down under wrong. You seem to have been the only one here confused I was talking about an actual car and not an uber taxi.

B. Loaded. Strippers are for fools.

C. Pretty sure I've been buying new cars since before you were buying cars. Easy on the assumptions there jr.

:dumb:

Newer CTS-V ? Or wait a couple years and have at an ATS-V ?

I'm sure you'll have no problems finding leftover '15s on lots. As long as you like automatics

My thoughts exactly. Thank you GM, for naming an entire car after a trim level on all of your other cars. :rolleyes:

4, by my count.

You're not real good at analysis are you?

1 - Suggesting a different car. Not confusing the SS with the Camaro SS

2 - Suggesting a different year. ditto

3 - Dig at GM

Don't worry, its you, and its ok. This is a judgement free zone. Lets move on to the topic at hand - which is everyone here working hard to get me what I want, which is all anyone can ask - instead of watching you try to dig a slippery way out of your one tiny assumption-laden comment faux pas. I like you. Hugs.

Aren't we talking about the ss sedans??? Plain looking sedan with the ls3 motor? Honestly, I've considered picking one of these up (assuming they have that fantastic 8 speed auto), fortifying the bottom end, and adding a turbo. Can you imagine the sleeper status?