Get your CCW, car guys!

zeitgeist57

So does your drivers license once run through the system, which he or she is going to do anyway.

Also it is possible to have a CCW and have an outstanding warrant, like if you forgot to pay a speeding ticket. I'm sure the officers appreciate you giving them the info but again that goes more toward politeness being the factor and not actually having the CCW in the first place.

TL/DR: CCW does not have magic powers to get you out of tickets and be nice to any officer that pulls you over.

I'm not even going to respond back to this. I'm talking to a wall and you're missing the entire point of this thread.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care that much, I'm just pointing out that you are advocating people get a CCW so they can be perceived as one of the "good guys" and therefore exploit bias that exists to "get away" with breaking minor laws. Is that really the message you want to deliver?

I'm all for a softer touch in law enforcement, esp when related to the money making scheme that is speed enforcement but that shouldn't be available to people who have a CCW vs someone who doesn't. Maybe it exists maybe it doesn't but either way, should it be promoted?

The purpose of this thread is, indeed, to communicate a possible bias that exists with certain law enforcement officers as I have noticed in recent interactions.

Be Kerry: claim "not to care", then build an argument no one wanted to hear anyway. Know your audience.

Next time you get pulled over, I'm sure you'll confess your law-breaking behavior and request just punishment from the LEO. Didn't you break the tires loose on my CTS-V and exceed the speed limit on a public road? Hypocrite much? :lol:

I didn't say I didn't break the law on occasion, I just don't go bragging about it in print. Lol.

There are any number of people in this thread disputing the bias, including one law enforcement officer.

Clay, I love you buddy and your CTSv is awesome, I'm just saying, esp since we both work in an industry where perception is reality, your statements could be perceived the wrong way.