3rd Shift people

DKilbourne

Anyone else work 3rd? I have a newish job to me and I was able to get in by taking a 3rd shift weekend gig. 9pm-730am Thursday through Monday morning. The 1st couple of weeks on 3rd killed me, but it's not too bad now. Healthy shift differential too. Just curious.

i work a 2-2-3 fast rotation between nights and days

4:30am-4:30pm

4:30pm-4:30am

its not too bad... not the most preferred schedule, but get every other weekend off and only work 14 days a month

can't imagine ever getting used to this. my sister does something similar and its difficult. she is an ER physician and will do 10-12 shifts a month, but has to alternate day and night shifts every so often. that's one of the reasons ER has such i high burnout rate

can't imagine ever getting used to this. my sister does something similar and its difficult. she is an ER physician and will do 10-12 shifts a month, but has to alternate day and night shifts every so often. that's one of the reasons ER has such i high burnout rate

its definitely not easy to get used to

alternating between nights and days every so often i dont think would be too bad. the way we do it is,

mon, tue- days

wed, thur- off

fri, sat, sun- nights

mon, tue- off

wed, thur- days

fri, sat, sun- off

mon, tue- nights

wed, thur- off

fri, sat, sun- days

ect..