Transmission inspection and repair

Miller

Chavo on here does transmissions. Not sure if he'd do Ford stuff or not.

I called Metro last year for my 4T65 and even thought i knew what needed replaced and it was already pulled he quoted basically a grand just to tear it apart. Nope.

Manual to teardown is available online if you want to tackle it yourself

I don't have a ton of tools. I've thought about it many times. Pretty sure it just needs a new gasket and input shaft replaced.

Thanks for all the options guys. Pulling it next week and will be shopping around. Hardshift will be the convenient choice.

Hardshift in Johnston..

I'd really like to know where they got this rep, it was quite often at Lash they'd send something down they were convinced was a programming issue. Although I've never delt with them they seem stupid, at least on newer stuff.

I'd really like to know where they got this rep, it was quite often at Lash they'd send something down they were convinced was a programming issue. Although I've never delt with them they seem stupid, at least on newer stuff.

Don't know about newer stuff...

One of my friends used them for a rebuild on his transmission for his 2003 Chevy 4 wheel drive and charged a fair price and had a warranty. Another friend used them to rebuild his street/strip c4 in his 65 Galaxie with a 460 in it. I thought i had issues on my 05 Duramax Allison 4x4 and took the truck over them and they checked into it and no issue, no charge. I did change the fluid in the transfer case. I was thinking I had the pump rub issue in the transfer case. My truck has been fine for the past couple of years.

Edited by RS69