IKEA

Chief8one

I bought two of there kallax book shelf deals and two matching table tops to build my computer desk, haven't had any problems with them, the instructions were pretty much non existent though.

http://www.sbriggs.io/desk_8x8.jpg

I'm a newish home owner.. spent my wad on my down payment. So i just wanted some decent crap for my man cave.

TLDR; have tape and glue I'm not going back to return this.

guess the beat balls are good got shit for not getting any.

IKEA FTW. $4 Swedish meatballs and Lingonberry sauce is delish.

When reading this thread that is what I was thinking too. That and TIC is right around the corner always liked going in there and shooting the shit.

Most IKEA furniture is made of MDF, they make their own MDF.

This is correct. We spent close to 2k at ikea about 3 years ago on bedroom furniture and a few kitchen items (why? idk. Ask the missus.) The bed frame was MDF with a wood veneer, the dressers were MDF with a wood veneer, and most of the dining furniture was MDF with a wood veneer. Its held up well so far. Kids will be the ultimate test.

This is correct. We spent close to 2k at ikea about 3 years ago on bedroom furniture and a few kitchen items (why? idk. Ask the missus.) The bed frame was MDF with a wood veneer, the dressers were MDF with a wood veneer, and most of the dining furniture was MDF with a wood veneer. Its held up well so far. Kids will be the ultimate test.

Surprised its lasted you this long, i was always told to always buy quality over price when it comes to real furniture you plan on having a while (bedroom, dining room sets, etc... ) I've had my bedroom set for over 7 years and its held up great even through a few moves.

From what I understand about IKEA quality it seems to be on par with Sauder stuff? Sauder always haa that shitty MDF with a wood veneer over top.