Anyone ever completed a degree online?

dover

How do you determine which of these "online" colleges are valuable on paper vs the ones that aren't (like all the ones on late nigh infomercials i.e. everest)

I've been looking at Western Governors University because they're all online and relatively close in tuition to the community college here in SC. I'm in the same boat as most people here, can't make any money moving laterally but can't really move up until I have a piece of paper saying that i learned a bunch of useless crap.

Daughter finished up her Bachelors in Business and HR (Almost three years @ Columbus State and the last year @ Franklin). The Franklin program was really nice and the online classes were done really well (I did a couple on-line classes about 10 years ago and dropped two for in class sessions. Highly suggest looking around for feedback on the program you want to complete. As I helped her (Daughter) I would suggest Franklin as she went downtown for the initial session and then again for graduation. It was that good (Both curriculum and instructors)

Im prior military as well. Work full time managing a family business, and full time at OSU Fisher. I started at CSCC taking some online and some on campus classes. I refuse online classes now.

They didnt save me time, actually took more time, and without lectures to focus my attention to the important facts i tried to retain everything.

However as ive progressed into more advanced classes the ability to even take threm online isnt even an option.

Either way, i dont recommend online learning.

Well if I had the option of attending a school in school there wouldn't be a thread titled as such. I don't have the luxury to swing over to the local university unfortunately. What I do have is time. But thank you for your service :thumbup:

Im prior military as well. Work full time managing a family business, and full time at OSU Fisher. I started at CSCC taking some online and some on campus classes. I refuse online classes now.

They didnt save me time, actually took more time, and without lectures to focus my attention to the important facts i tried to retain everything.

However as ive progressed into more advanced classes the ability to even take threm online isnt even an option.

Either way, i dont recommend online learning.

I see your point and can partially agree with you. How you learn is just as important as what you learn and I didn't figure that out until after high school. For me, any kind of mathematics or accounting I need to be in a classroom environment with the ability to ask questions on the spot. But something like a business management course I can take online and usually do well on (as long as I'm not lazy) online. Some people don't have that luxury and it just means they have to work harder to accomplish something.

side note, I'm terrible at ANY math. But thankfully I ran into an adjunct professor at CSCC who taught the course differently than I had had before and because of this i was successful at it. After that I take all math and accounting classes in person and other "easy" courses can be taken online. A lesson I wish I would've learned sooner.