WTB: #57 Limestone/recycled concrete

dakotart

I'm looking for about 60 tons of #57 for my driveway.

I've heard that you can get recycled #57 for $8-10/ton (plus delivery) but haven't been able to locate a place yet.

Anyone know of a company that sells #57 and can deliver?

Jones is about $24/ton delivered.

Located in Canal Winchester

Lance resources in Lancaster does.. I was referred to then and will probably use recycled concrete for my driveway also.

740-277-6662

Thanks

My neighbor has had limestone, recycled asphalt, recycled concrete, and back to limestone.

Said recycled concrete had a bunch of trash but could have been where he got it.

I'm thinking recycled for part of the drive and limestone up near the house.

Yeah I have heard there is a lot of debris in recycled concrete. But as a base layer for driveway would be perfect. Then top it off with limestone

Yeah, the driveway is already established. So I'll probably avoid that. This will be a top layer.

We use allot of recycled material for a base under concrete/asphalt or new driveways, it does have debris in it. Sometimes it can be really bad too.I Always top off drives with #57 limestone paying $19 ton plus trucking. Our trucks charge $70 per hr.

I work for McMillen Paving. The Jones quote is on par for 57's. I would suggest looking into using asphalt millings. You can get them from Strawser paving.

Strawser Paving Company, Inc.

1595 Frank Rd. Columbus, OH 43223

Phone: 614-276-5273

Here is a link discussing gravel vs millings.

http://www.basicconstructionco.com/blog/reasons-to-consider-asphalt-millings

I think you'd be happier with the screened asphalt millings and it should be cheaper.

You should be able to find plenty of pics on the web.

You could also contact McMillen Paving at 614-275-0397 and get a quote for us to deliver, grade and compact the screen millings.

Any time we pave driveways that have 57's on them we have to remove them first. Then install some 304 stone to be able to pave over. The 57's just move around too much and never compact.