Turbo rebuild

The_buster

I have a turbo that was replaced under warranty off of a dart. The seals started leaking on it, no shaft play at all I had one of the other techs check it out. My question is this, can someone point me in the direction of a website or person that makes an adapter for turbo manifolds? It would be going on a B series honda. I have a build idea if this wont be such a hassle. I would like to know before I take the time and money buying and resealing this turbo.

If you really want to turbo your car, why not do it right? And even if you do decide to put a turbo on it, you have more to look at than just bolting on a turbo kit.

I have a full build idea using a ls or gsr starting point, not shooting for lots of power or a track only car. I want around 350hp, enough to have fun with but still be pretty reliable for daily driving. We were gathering the scrap at the shop the other day and the turbo was laying there. I thought if it was worth the effort then I at least had a start to the build. I'm planning on buying a bit at a time here and there after I finish paying off some debt.

side note: what are the main differences between the gsr and ls B series motors?

This is about what I want. Also where I got the idea of engine platform.

That's cool you wanna build a sleeper. I'm just saying, when doing things like this don't cheap out. Especially if you plan on using the car as a daily driver. Take your time and do it right so you don't have to do it again.

Fwiw, I have a turbo laying around (I am about 90% sure it is a garrett t28), if you are interested pm me and I will send pics. It does need rebuilt.

I plan on doing lots of research and planning on this. The stock motor only has 127k on it right now so she still has plenty of life left. Which will give me time to gather and build.

I'll keep you in mind on that turbo, right now my extra money is going towards paying off Matco and the first loan.

I have a full build idea using a ls or gsr starting point, not shooting for lots of power or a track only car. I want around 350hp, enough to have fun with but still be pretty reliable for daily driving. We were gathering the scrap at the shop the other day and the turbo was laying there. I thought if it was worth the effort then I at least had a start to the build. I'm planning on buying a bit at a time here and there after I finish paying off some debt.

side note: what are the main differences between the gsr and ls B series motors?

This is about what I want. Also where I got the idea of engine platform.

I plan on doing lots of research and planning on this. The stock motor only has 127k on it right now so she still has plenty of life left. Which will give me time to gather and build.

I'll keep you in mind on that turbo, right now my extra money is going towards paying off Matco and the first loan.

Is it hammer time or should we collaborate and listen?

I have a turbo that was replaced under warranty off of a dart. The seals started leaking on it, no shaft play at all I had one of the other techs check it out. My question is this, can someone point me in the direction of a website or person that makes an adapter for turbo manifolds? It would be going on a B series honda. I have a build idea if this wont be such a hassle. I would like to know before I take the time and money buying and resealing this turbo.

ok. That's what I wanted to know. Thought I lucked out with a free turbo. haha

giphy.gif