vacations?

SRTurbo04

A little further than that, but, at least for Adults in the car, completely doable for a 3 day weekend. With kids, I'm sure it depends on the kid and their age. We've really liked St. Louis when we've been there. Great food and places to stay. You can go to see the Arch. They have a place called the City Museum that's supposed to be an absolute blast for kids and families.

Last time we went, we stayed in the Delmar Loop area at Moon Rise hotel, really fun area and cool hotel. Forest Park, a 1400 acre park with a zoo, a few museums and a science center. You can also find a place in walking distance to the rail system, day passes are pretty cheap.

We still need to do weekend trips to Indianapolis & Pittsburgh. We've been there for a weekend, but just with other priorities; weddings and stuff like that. Indianapolis is high on our list, seemed like a really cool downtown area when we went there for a wedding.

Might take a look at Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA (about 3.5 hours). Wife and I went a few years back, nice beaches, not crowded, several NW OH wineries along the way if you want to break up the trip. Also Cuyahoga Valley National Park south of Cleveland is nice and on the way.

Might take a look at Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA (about 3.5 hours). Wife and I went a few years back, nice beaches, not crowded, several NW OH wineries along the way if you want to break up the trip. Also Cuyahoga Valley National Park south of Cleveland is nice and on the way.

This is my wifes top choice at the moment. Looks to be a nice relaxing place.

Adventures on the gorge. Three hour drive and is super kid friendly. I freaking loved it and I'm 28

Just booked our second white water rafting trip out there, going the weekend of July 4. Even though our group consists of all adults, they have stuff kids would enjoy too. A ropes course, a pool overlooking the gorge, an average restaurant, fireworks. I think they have easier rafting routes for younger kids and family's too that would be fun, and of course camping (though small cabins are available we've never purchased one). Highly recommend.

The company we go through is Adventures on the Gorge (said previously), i think they had some groupon deals too.

This is my wifes top choice at the moment. Looks to be a nice relaxing place.

One tip: I do recall bypassing the beaches/picnic areas/etc where you first come into the park. We headed up to the far NE corner of the park where there were very few folks on the beaches.

little far off for a day trip but if I'm ever up that way again (was at Cook's forest a few years ago) I would love to go check out Kinzua Bridge. It's about 1.5 hours from erie so like I say....kinda long for a day trip. Would be worth seeing though. I've seen pics from it and they're awesome.