Dat flip game

Rustlestiltskin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Invested his money into a chance?

Saw an opportunity and took advantage of it?

Agree. Welcome to America and sales.

simply asking more than the previous owner who could have done the same thing. nothing wrong with it. yes, by doing that, he will make profit.

Better never trade a car in, they might list it for more and try to make a profit on it.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys, nor am I claiming that my point of view is rational in this case. It is what it is, I don't make the rules on car flipping so it's irrelevant. This guy just reminds me of your typical craigslist window licker, and it rubs me the wrong way.

You're really invested in this thread just by noticing you defending the flipper and his antics. Sounds like you would prolly pull the same shit as him.

Not really, but CB is slow and don't act like you've never flipped something. That's the part I have issue with. Everyone claiming holier than thou but they'd do the same shit given the opportunity to.

WOW. I really got sucked into just looking at that site. So much ricer beat-to-shit junk. I am amazed. And nothing is for sale lol....all trades...Is that what kiddos do these days? Just trade shit all over? I do want that FJ60 though...odds are its hacked together like the rest...

It's the same pictures I have a problem with. Atleast put an ounce of effort in.

Yep. That, and pretty much everything in his ad is bullshit. He hasn't had the car long enough to put gas in it, so how the fuck does he know that it runs perfect and everything works? The guy doesn't even know what fucking tires are on it.

Not really, but CB is slow and don't act like you've never flipped something. That's the part I have issue with. Everyone claiming holier than thou but they'd do the same shit given the opportunity to.

Again, there is nothing wrong with flipping a car. I just personally don't like the way this guy is going about it.

WOW. I really got sucked into just looking at that site. So much ricer beat-to-shit junk. I am amazed. And nothing is for sale lol....all trades...Is that what kiddos do these days? Just trade shit all over? I do want that FJ60 though...odds are its hacked together like the rest...

Laziness. Why bother researching a fair sell value when you can list it for trade and see if you can get a bigger sucker to bite.

I've flipped before but never in such a shiesty way as to not even take my own pics or have the common curtesy to wait maybe a week or longer. Guess there's an unspoken rule to flipping and this guy didn't get the memo.

I've flipped before but never in such a shiesty way as to not even take my own pics or have the common curtesy to wait maybe a week or longer. Guess there's an unspoken rule to flipping and this guy didn't get the memo.

I can agree with that too, but lazies gonna laze.

Ha I was gonna make the comment that for a guy what drives a yellow GTO those are pretty strong words. Lol

Found+it+knowyourmemecom+memes+antonio+banderas+laptop+reaction+_c5036e76028ea7070873ae3445fe1572.gif

He was GOING to say that, PP...he didn't, but he was going to say that. ;)

Great thread. I want to see CR's Best and Boldest go after this kid. I know it's not as anonymous as "Gib ya 500" texts on Craigslist, but can someone find this thing and harass the shit out of the kid?

Found+it+knowyourmemecom+memes+antonio+banderas+laptop+reaction+_c5036e76028ea7070873ae3445fe1572.gif

He was GOING to say that, PP...he didn't, but he was going to say that. ;)

Great thread. I want to see CR's Best and Boldest go after this kid. I know it's not as anonymous as "Gib ya 500" texts on Craigslist, but can someone find this thing and harass the shit out of the kid?

Lol always coming at me. Dont make me start on you, poclayto, with your Cheech n Chong low rider in progress. All you'll need now is a rear seat low rider plaque and some interior tassels on the headliner :lol: *kisses*

No shame in flipping, but I agree there are unspoken rules and to me, taking your own pictures is rule #1. I sold my Dart a couple weeks ago and was happy with the amount I got out of it, sold it to a boy who has a small dealership and I knew 100% he would flip it. I gave him some suggestions on cheap improvements and told him I hoped he did well with it and told him to call me if he had any questions and whatnot. I was a little chapped when I saw it on Craigslist the next day using a combination of pics from my Facebook (none even current) and a copy/paste of my description I sent to him.

No shame in flipping, but I agree there are unspoken rules and to me, taking your own pictures is rule #1. I sold my Dart a couple weeks ago and was happy with the amount I got out of it, sold it to a boy who has a small dealership and I knew 100% he would flip it. I gave him some suggestions on cheap improvements and told him I hoped he did well with it and told him to call me if he had any questions and whatnot. I was a little chapped when I saw it on Craigslist the next day using a combination of pics from my Facebook (none even current) and a copy/paste of my description I sent to him.

Lol he took your advice, wrapped a flattened turd around it, then flung it at your house.

Wow, now I know which audience to never mention car or bike flipping around. While I generally agree you should probably take your own pictures as just good manners, it isn't a super big deal, I don't know why people all seem to want to hate.

Seems like a lot of commenters have forgotten that the guy can ask all he wants, the only thing that matters is what it sells for. Just posting an ad for more money doesn't guarantee anybody will actually make money. I have a buddy who usually lists the next day any new toy he buys. He doesn't expect it to immediately flip but the point is to get it out there early and keep the ad out there while he has fun using the thing. It's just maximizing his exposure since he knows he will resell it eventually. It's not a bad approach, just different. He doesn't expect a quick sale, but knows it won't sell at all if people don't see it.

If there is one thing that really does rub me the wrong way about flipping it's guys who really appeal to your sympathies in helping them finish their projects just to get a better deal. Case in point, I used to give people real sweetheart deals on old motorcycle racing parts if it was something they really needed to finish their project. If I then saw the thing on CL for more than I sold it within a short time I knew not to deal with that person again. If they just showed up and paid a regular negotiated price I don't think I would have a problem with it, I just don't like my feelings on motorcycle community building being manipulated.

anyway, carry on kicking this kid in the teeth. I don't think he is going to make any money on this deal with his approach but I can't fault him for trying.