BRZ Decisions... WWCRD?

Draco-REX

S2000 all day..

Idk if I'd go all the way to a CR tho since way can get just as expensive as NSX's

I've owned a few S2k's and have one ready for the summer right now. Great handling, looks, and aftermarket is there. Also the stock motors love boost.

I need to drive a BRZ and see how it compares cuz an s2k with the top dropped on a nice summer day is going to be hard to match..

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it stock.

Mod the V.

The V is pretty much as modded as I want (less a few tweaks). It's my DD and long-haul cruiser, so I want to preserve as much of the comfort as I can.

The Exige is already heavily modified. All the mods I'm looking at are small tweaks and touches.

I have been researching the car a lot the last few days and have downloaded the service manuals. It's a refreshingly simple beast. I can see this being a pretty cool platform for a build if it weren't comparatively expensive. But rust will never really be a problem, and the whole thing can come apart with hand tools. Very neat.

Well in the long run, you moved from the "Boy Racer" car into definitely a "Adult Toy" car so sounds like a good step to me. The enjoyment level will be higher, you have a car that's clearly already very well sorted, and can get out from under a costly painful nightmare.

Sorry to see the BRZ, I remember when you first got that thing and how excited you were for it. But no one could have seen the trouble this relationship was going to bring so I think a divorce is final. And at least you can sell off her parts unlike most breakups!

Already added moar lightness!

Yup! Though I don't plan to be too anal about weight; I need to "add lightness" to myself as well.

Looking more closeley at it, the cage itself is pretty well built, but getting it to fit in the interior wasn't done as well. When I'm installing the new seat rails, I'm going to go through the interior and see what can be improved/fixed or replaced. This car was certainly someone's track rat, and it was treated as such. What I'm finding interesting is that as I'm looking at the interior and finding stuff I don't like, I'm actually looking forward to fixing it. I think I'm going to clean and fix up this car and make it nice (for a track car). It would be kind of a change of pace/attitude for me. I'll see how froggy I'm feeling when I do the seat rails, but I might just pull out the whole interior and figure out just what was done and what I want to change/improve. It would be a neat project.

Now if only I could get to drive this thing more than just a few miles at a time... :(

Yup! Though I don't plan to be too anal about weight; I need to "add lightness" to myself as well.

Looking more closeley at it, the cage itself is pretty well built, but getting it to fit in the interior wasn't done as well. When I'm installing the new seat rails, I'm going to go through the interior and see what can be improved/fixed or replaced. This car was certainly someone's track rat, and it was treated as such. What I'm finding interesting is that as I'm looking at the interior and finding stuff I don't like, I'm actually looking forward to fixing it. I think I'm going to clean and fix up this car and make it nice (for a track car). It would be kind of a change of pace/attitude for me. I'll see how froggy I'm feeling when I do the seat rails, but I might just pull out the whole interior and figure out just what was done and what I want to change/improve. It would be a neat project.

Now if only I could get to drive this thing more than just a few miles at a time... :(

Why cant you?

Why cant you?

He's tall, the car is for midgets, I'm sure the seats are fixed in position and breaks his legs after a short commute.

Actually I fit in it just fine. There's a surprising amount of room inside, just climbing in and out is a gymnastic event. No, the reason why I haven't been able to drive it much has come down to timing and weather. I drove it a little when I was looking at it, then I had to wait for delivery. So I missed all the nice days this week. It finally arrived yesterday. But it was after my lunch break so I only got to drive it home. And then it started raining. I was going to drive it today, but the forecast said rain and thunderstorms all day... *sigh* Then tonight I have to prep the RallyX car because:

Shoehorn your tall ass into the new track rat and come down the Cars and Coffee in the morning!

Can't. I have a RallyX tomorrow. I'll need to be on site by 8am. It'll be another couple weeks before I can get to a C&C. :(

So I'll be able to drive it Saturday evening. At least Sunday is looking good. I hope to log some time in it then and maybe drive it to work Monday before even more rain comes.

Since the rain held off, I was able to get some seat time. :) Love it. It's going to need some tweaking, but it's great as it is. I really want to get this out to an AutoX so I can find out how it behaves when pushed.

Took a quick pic today. Not a very good one.. Maybe some better ones Sunday.

Meet Goshawk:

25981775983_5eeaf288e8_b.jpg

Since the rain held off, I was able to get some seat time. :) Love it. It's going to need some tweaking, but it's great as it is. I really want to get this out to an AutoX so I can find out how it behaves when pushed.

Took a quick pic today. Not a very good one.. Maybe some better ones Sunday.

Meet Goshawk:

http://www.boulderaudubon.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/NorthernGoshawk1.jpg

Yo dawg, have you even hit lift in it, yet?

Dood...that thing is badass.

Goshawk? "Goose Hawk"???

Essentially they are a genus of hawk. They often hunt IN forests, so they are extremely nimble. Seemed appropriate. :)

Yo dawg, have you even hit lift in it, yet?

I think the previous owner removed that button, I'll look for it again.

I hear they are extremely difficult to drive fast. Nice car. I look forward to seeing it in person.

Honestly, I hope so. This is the first mid-engined car I've ever driven. I expect the Exige to drive nearly the opposite of how I drive my RallyX cars, so I'm hoping it will help me learn to be smoother. Between the two, I want to widen my techniques.

Should be fun. :)