BRZ Decisions... WWCRD?

Draco-REX

I wouldn't recommend it as a daily, but an Alfa Romeo 4C coupe seems right up your alley. Only drawback is no 3rd pedal option, but super lightweight, very outside the "norm", and you can talk to Eric at Crucial about power; I saw he'd had one of my clients' cars on the dyno recently.

I was actually just looking at these. There was one at C and C and I was in love. I did not realize a manual was not available though - that is probably a deal killer for me.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually just looking at these. There was one at C and C and I was in love. I did not realize a manual was not available though - that is probably a deal killer for me.

Yeah it's one of those manufacturer choices I hate but I understand. Not enough volume sold, not enough percentage would buy manual, and more importantly (as they learned from the Elise) not enough damn space in the footbox for a 3rd AND dead pedal.

The pro is that the dual clutch does a great job with the launch control function.

EDIT: and the one that was at C&C...gray with an aftermarket center exhaust?

Yeah it's one of those manufacturer choices I hate but I understand. Not enough volume sold, not enough percentage would buy manual, and more importantly (as they learned from the Elise) not enough damn space in the footbox for a 3rd AND dead pedal.

The pro is that the dual clutch does a great job with the launch control function.

The Elise does have a dead pedal.

there is a yellow and iirc white one sitting at scarbrough fiat if you or anyone wanted a test drive.

For the cost I feel they are under powered however and the auto only is a big draw back

No it was white

Thanks everyone for the replies and ideas. Too many to answer directly while I'm at work, so I'll hit the big points.

If I go to another car, it'll be bolt-ons only. The BRZ was my foray into all-out modding, and look how it turned out. I got one day of perfection that unfortunately will be a benchmark for me, and then nothing afterwards. So engine mods aren't a concern in my choice of a different car.

The NSX really gets me in the "Wow" zone, but the more I look into comparisons, the S2000CR will be a better fit for how I would use it. This car will be primarily an AutoX car with the occaisional track day. If it were the reverse, the NSX would be better choice. The idea of switching to a S2000 and then going M2 in a couple years with minimal depreciation is tempting. But that extra 600lbs concerns me.

Porsche 911. I looked for a good porsche to get into. But I'm trying to keep things under 50K. I can go higher, but it would have to really be something special. Unfortunately, at this price range all I'm finding are base 911 and 911 S. As good as a 911 can be, I think the base models will likely leave me wanting. Same issue with the Cayman, unless I want to go with a Cayman R with a load of miles.

The GT350 is a sweet car. First Mustang I've ever really considered. But it's heavy. I have big and powerful already. I want soemthing light and nimble and unfortunately, the GT350 doesn't fit the bill. If this were going to be a track car, it'd be right up there with the NSX.

The LS swap would be so nice. I think it would make the car better all around, But do engine swaps ever go smoothly? Likely, even if I didn't go with a high-strung build, I'd constantly be chasing gremlins. If I hadn't just gone through all these issues, I'd probably go for it. But now... I think I'm going to strike the swap off the list.

The S2K is looking more and more likely, but I'm open to things not on the list too. Another shot out of left field like the V might be just what I need.

Porsche 911. I looked for a good porsche to get into. But I'm trying to keep things under 50K. I can go higher, but it would have to really be something special. Unfortunately, at this price range all I'm finding are base 911 and 911 S. As good as a 911 can be, I think the base models will likely leave me wanting. Same issue with the Cayman, unless I want to go with a Cayman R with a load of miles.

I did everything in my power to make my first "regular" 911 special on the level of a GT car, ultimately it was a great car but it still fell short in every category...it was just a better regular 911.

Still miss this car...but in reality it was never what I wanted it to be:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ZainoDetail/Picture127.jpg

You need a GT3 or GT4.

Exocet frame, v8 roadsters subframe and A-arms, 8k rpm LS motor, wilwood brakes, motec dash, 949 XIDA coilovers, 15x10 949 wheels, 275 wide Hoosier R7s. <2k lbs and as much HP as you want. Use a miata Vin number and it's fully legal.

Exocet frame, v8 roadsters subframe and A-arms, 8k rpm LS motor, wilwood brakes, motec dash, 949 XIDA coilovers, 15x10 949 wheels, 275 wide Hoosier R7s. <2k lbs and as much HP as you want. Use a miata Vin number and it's fully legal.

That is a very specific vehicle.