How to deal with a issue?

SRTurbo04

Get even with them vs catching them. You might just end up doing both.

I think it's safe to assume that if they come ring the bell they would likely take a small box that was labeled as if it was shipped to you by Cincinnati Microwave/Valentine One, someplace like that right? :ninja:

What you'll need:

• Small Box
  • Small piece of wood or something to mimic weight of a detector or valuable
  • Newspaper & foam packing peanuts
  • Packing Tape
  • Make up both shipping and receiving labels on your PC
  • Urushiol Oil Extract (Blended up Poison Ivy Plant); see below :p

That last ingredient is easy to find and easy to make.

• Gloves - wear both long/wrist length latex gloves then garden gloves over them.
  • Any type of eye protection just in case it splashes
  • Old Blender from New Uses/garage sale
  • Cheap kitchen strainer from store
  • Paper Funnel from Nappa/Paint supply Store - toss away
  • Old Milk Jug or iced tea gallon size - latter is nice and heavy and the lid secure - product keeps upwards of 5yrs.
  • Cheap plastic spray bottle - be sure to label it!
  • Poisen Ivy plant - doesn't take much but get young thin stems and leaves as they blend easier. Get about 12-18" of it.
  • Bucket to put the plant in when cut
  • Alcohol - large size (used in clean up of items if you decide to keep them) - I tossed everything

Go find some Ivy. Chop it and place it in a container or bucket for transport. Simply blend it up with about 16-20oz of water for several minutes in the blender insuring that it's as chopped and fine as possible.

Strain it and pour through funnel into the gal size jug. Add more water as the concentrate will go far. Now you have your Urushiol Oil Extract. Fill spray bottle with blend of this evil concoction. You can clean up things with Alcohol then with soap and water or IMO just toss it all in the trash.

The idea is to wrap that block of wood or rock or whatever that is your fake radar detector loosly with newspaper but do use clear tape as you want them to unwrap it.

Crumble more newspaper up as it will be used to stuff or cushion things inside the box. You can use packing peanuts too or in place of the paper but paper works really well.

Carefully and Lightly spray everything "inside" the box. The paper, peanuts, the item, everything. Let it dry. You can spray it again and again to insure the oils and evil spray is all over the inside good and strong.

Seal up the box, affix your labels and leave it on your porch. Give it a couple days and look around to see if any of the neighborhood kids or neighbors have Poison Ivy rash on their hands, face, etc. http://www.audizine.com/forum/images/smilies/evilhappy.gif

Save

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How would these work in a backyard environment - with the dogs outside? Do they turn on and off or will they stay on till there is no movement

They do stay on for the most part during movement. If the dog is just sniffing around in one spot for a while they may tun off on her. That was one of the main reasons I got the first one. The "older" one I bought actually has a switch for 30 second or a minute of on time...the 'newer' one does not have that option, but they both work well.

Tim you are disturbed lol

I think the best bet is to do the game camera (since its temporary) so I can find the little bastards. I don't care if I have to go door to door with the picture, I will find them!

I think the best bet is to do the game camera (since its temporary) so I can find the little bastards. I don't care if I have to go door to door with the picture, I will find them!

its going to be awesome when they take your camera.

Step 1: get theft deterrent dye powder/pack, like they use in banks.

Step 2: rig a small explosive with dye over your door. if you have a roof over your front door, do it up there, out of the line of sight

Step 3: set timer so that explosive will only detonate when doorbell is pushed after 0100.

Step 4: Call police, let them know you suspect some kids in the neighborhood may have been involved with a bank robbery

Step 5: enjoy permanent peace and quiet in your neighborhood as all children are grounded for life.

Somewhat. I sprayed our candidate signs placed in our yard last election season when someone was running around stealing them. Mine only got taken once but I was so hoping they would come back for the second one. Maybe this year.... :bangbang: