LQ9/T56 swap with clutch cable

Dammit Charlie

I'm working on putting together a parts list for my current project (listed below). Most of the basics I've got figured out (k member/trans cross member/headers, fuel and EFI) but I'm not thrilled with my clutch cable control options. I'm either stuck running a Tbird or McCleod hydraulic clutch setup to an Fbody TOB assembly ($400-$500), or trying to figure out how to make the factory cable clutch work.

I've seen a few guys modify a Lakewood T56 to LS bellhousing to make it work, but they seem to have issues with the fork and pivot point geometry.

Anyone have experience with this? I'm new to the LS game, so all suggestions on the swap are appreciated.

You'd think someone has put a Tilton master cylinder on one. It's what I have in my Camaro and Corvette with an adaptor block, aka Tick adjustable master. It would be easy to hook it to the GM slave. I would certainly research that if I was you, it would be be the least troublesome once set up in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm working on putting together a parts list for my current project (listed below). Most of the basics I've got figured out (k member/trans cross member/headers, fuel and EFI) but I'm not thrilled with my clutch cable control options. I'm either stuck running a Tbird or McCleod hydraulic clutch setup to an Fbody TOB assembly ($400-$500), or trying to figure out how to make the factory cable clutch work.

I've seen a few guys modify a Lakewood T56 to LS bellhousing to make it work, but they seem to have issues with the fork and pivot point geometry.

Anyone have experience with this? I'm new to the LS game, so all suggestions on the swap are appreciated.

7/8" or 15/16" tilton or wilwood master with remote reservior. This will be linkage trial and error to get it correct, but shouldn't be incredibly difficult. Most difficult part is contorting under the dash to do the work. Determining the throw of the master is tricky, just remember not to permanently weld all until the length of throw is determined. I would certainly think someone has converted an sn95 to hydraulic stuff by now.